IGNORED

HSC Season 10 - Game 10 - Space Armada

attachicon.gifIMG_9414.JPG

Gameplay video

HSC Lurker here . . . It is really easy to overlook this game as a shovelware SI clone, but they put a lot of detail into making the game change as you advance in rounds. The free floating missiles and that glave thing are hard to avoid. The descending saucer is a neat touch, and the strategy of shooting a saucer to replenish a base is pretty genius. I understand that this game isn't pretty to look at and that sends some folks running, but the gameplay is much stronger than what it first appears to be.

• Like 2

HSC Lurker here . . . It is really easy to overlook this game as a shovelware SI clone, but they put a lot of detail into making the game change as you advance in rounds. The free floating missiles and that glave thing are hard to avoid. The descending saucer is a neat touch, and the strategy of shooting a saucer to replenish a base is pretty genius. I understand that this game isn't pretty to look at and that sends some folks running, but the gameplay is much stronger than what it first appears to be.

Couldn't agree more. I'd written this game off in the past as Space Invaders which is a game I never much cared for. This is so much more than that though.

• Like 1

(Passing the 2 invisible stages)Success rate for me is under 10% . Just plain stupid in my opinion when skill has no influence in passing a stage. Lol ?.

I have probably played over a thousand games. Oh do I want to blast these Aramada to hell and back. Lmao

Edited by m-crew

The invisible stages are tough. If you focus too much on wiping out the lower invisible rows the remaining armada is too wide and fast. If you focus too much on narrowing the Armada you're more likely to miss an invisible one.

Yup its all luck - a 2 stages of chance .... Lol

I have played countless hours apon hours , There is nothing but chance and luck to get by these two invisible stages. Tried every possible way and technic but it still comes down to chance and hopefully every shot you take hits one of the armada

On the invisible stages I start right, clear that column first then awork my way left hitting each row completely. It's the only method that has worked for me but yes, lots of luck involved.

I to have played uncounted games of this. m-crew, do you reset and start again if you are not doing as good as you'd like in a game? I do.

• Like 1

On the invisible stages I start right, clear that column first then awork my way left hitting each row completely. It's the only method that has worked for me but yes, lots of luck involved.

I to have played uncounted games of this. m-crew, do you reset and start again if you are not doing as good as you'd like in a game? I do.

Bamse

I use the same method in those two stages and i do hit reset as well if I lose too many lives in the beginning stages.

Thanks for running season 10 (my first) Scalpel and well done m-crew, well deserved win there my friend :)

Great competition, I enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to season 11 :)

Thank You for your kind words !!! It was a pleasure competing with you (tough and skilled INTV player you certainly are as others )and everyone else who joined in this season. Great People for sure and we rocked these games.

Cheers and looking forward to season 11. ?????

• Like 2

Thanks so much, Scalpel! I had so much fun and gained a newfound respect for quite a few games in the Intellivision library.

(Also, when you get a chance, could you check your private messages? I sent one a few weeks ago about Super Cobra.)

Thanks again for a great season of the high score club! [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...