IGNORED

Where to find TI-99/4A information

blackbox

This forum has a lot of information hidden away in its depths. The repetition of the same questions indicates that locating that information is not as easy as it could be.

Ideally I would like to create a metasearch so you could use one search box- but you would be deluged with possible answers and I don't have the resources anyway. So... I have created a page of searches for you to use.

In some cases you need to prefix your search with "ti-99/4a" in quotes to focus the results on our favourite computer - I have noted this when especially relevant. How you use quotation marks is important in reducing unhelpful results - but overuse may cause you to miss something, so practice with varying search forms. Just putting lots of words without quotation marks is not usually useful and just one or two words may overwhelm you..

If I have omitted a resource rich web site (which does not require javascript!) do let me know.and I will update this offering.

So- open this htm file in your browser and save it to your local machine where you can then open it at will.

Have fun

tisearch.htm

• Like 7

Something for all users to keep in mind is the Facebook factor. I notice a lot of forum activity across all interests slowly migrating over to groups on Facebook. Unfortunately, the information in Facebook is severely unsearchable.

If AtariAge forums eventually get replaced by Facebook groups the archives will be in a world of hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find myself moving a bunch of my activity over to FB as well. Not because I do not love Atariage, but because it seems the action there is more swift, and adding photos and videos from my mobile device is a simple matter of two clicks.

With AA, I have to go into "Full Version" mode to add any pictures, and often they are tilted at 90 degrees which forces me to have to edit them, save them, get back on here, upload, then add to post, then go back into Mobile view.

Minor inconveniences, but enough to where I do much of my retro computer activity on FB groups now.

That said, I can't wait to see what blackbox has posted here!! Searchability is one great feature of AA that Facebook cannot ever replace.

• Like 1

If AtariAge forums eventually get replaced by Facebook groups the archives will be in a world of hurt.

Don't sketch such disaster scenarios. There is no FB in my world, and won't be. (I wonder whether some future day, statements like these have obscure, ugly consequences. :) )

• Like 5

I agree. Creating meaningful tags when starting an important topic is something I forget to do all the time.

As for FB, I have substantially cut down my presence there as my patience with it is inversely proportional to my age... The people that matter know how to reach me with other means.

• Like 1

Facebook use for me is to keep up with family members across the globe. I’ve noticed many retro computing and gaming groups which I’ve joined, and I am sincerely glad the service is there.

I’ve made a number of discoveries using these Facebook groups.

You may join and lie about your vital information. I believe mine says I work at Sears. Who works at Sears? Ha! They don’t have my valid birthday or anything. I’ve made a game out of misinforming them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1