IGNORED

Anyone willing to sell a TT? how much?

Thats cool.. if there are people out there that think owning a TT030 for $1000 uk pounds is worth it to them.. all the power to em.. I have no interest in collecting.. I am interested in using.

I just bought a GS70QE2 laptop for $250cdn .. with a dead cmos, no hdd, smacked up keyboard and palm rest and no battery. These normally sell for $600 US.. I have it all back together with a 1gb HDD new palmrest w/ keyboard (from ebay) new battery and cmos battery for about $450 all in. I'm good with it.. its not perfect but better than $750 in my books. That is my daily computer at home.. replacing my old I5 laptop. IF I can get MegaSTEs for $250.. I dont think a TT should be going for $2000.. but of course it is whatever the market will bear.

James

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Feeling bad about mine sitting in the basement since 1996. Kept it back then as it was worth next to nothing and I had some data on it that I couldn't copy onto the PC (such as my old FidoNet messagebase). Wonder whether I should take the data off and sell it no or keep it to finance my retirement ;)

Even Atari-8-bit-aware kids say "uninteresting, as it has a desktop/mouse just like a Win/Mac computer".

Feeling bad about mine sitting in the basement since 1996. Kept it back then as it was worth next to nothing and I had some data on it that I couldn't copy onto the PC (such as my old FidoNet messagebase). Wonder whether I should take the data off and sell it no or keep it to finance my retirement ;)

Even Atari-8-bit-aware kids say "uninteresting, as it has a desktop/mouse just like a Win/Mac computer".

What BBS software/Fido software was it running?

What BBS software/Fido software was it running?

I started with BinkleyTerm but for the last year or so moved to something else which was a lot more comfortable but the name of which I don't remember. Really need to fire this up to check what was on it. I got my original setup from friends who had started Fido before me. I never was a node, just a point mailing with mainly two friends and reading and writing on some lists. If I had saved only half the money I spent on phone fees back then....

Before I switched to PCs I had a 2GB drive in the TT which I decided to keep for the PC (first PC done with SCSI), so I copied everything that didn't fit on the next smaller harddisc on Syquest 88MB media. So my "original" setup is gone. (although I might have kept the 2GB drive when I gave away the PC).