grips03

CV on MiSTer and Mega Sg - what homebrew games work?

So far, not looking to good playing CV on FPGA consoles.

So far the original CV with RGB board or CV with F18A are the best ways to play CV games.

1) Wizard of Wor - randomly locks up on Mega Sg and with no voice, won't even load on MiSTer.

2) Star Force - Game locks up on MiSTer

I hope the Phoenix works better than this.

As I've mentioned before, although the Phoenix was due to ship early birds in March, I'll gladly wait until May to have a bug free, reliable system. I waited a year for my SGM; I can wait eight months for the Phoenix.

From what I tried, both SG-1000 and CV versions of Star Force work with Mega SG. I have that one on cart for SG-1000 (though I played it via rom file since I don't have a cart adapter for Mark III/SG-1000 games). I like this version quite a bit.

I haven't tried Wizard of Wor. I wasn't aware the ROM was made available.

Edited by BrianC

As I've mentioned before, although the Phoenix was due to ship early birds in March, I'll gladly wait until May to have a bug free, reliable system. I waited a year for my SGM; I can wait eight months for the Phoenix.

Is the Phoenix delayed?

Is the Phoenix delayed?

So far it is still by the end of April". I'd just rather another short delay rather than something rushed, like a "just like the real thing" FPGA core for the MISTer or Mega-Sg that is actually less reliable.

So far it is still by the end of April". I'd just rather another short delay rather than something rushed, like a "just like the real thing" FPGA core for the MISTer or Mega-Sg that is actually less reliable.

Oh I mis-read your post. I thought you were saying it was delayed for 8 months :)

I tried both Wizard of Wor and Star Force on the MiSTer and both played flawlessly. I haven't tried them yet on the Mega SG, but I will tomorrow. I got up to Dungeon 7 on Wizard of Wor and I had full sound with voice on the MiSTer and I got up to level 5 on Star Force with no problems on the MiSTer.

• Like 1

I had a lock up on Frostbite on Mega-SG when starting a game, though it played fine after a restart.

Edited by BrianC

All these issues have been fixed on the latest jailbreak v7.4.

Can you use a standard Colecovision controller now?

Some of my MiSTer issue turned out to bad memory. That has been fixed, but some games like StarForce CV on MiSTer still lock up.

WoW now works.

Some of my MiSTer issue turned out to bad memory. That has been fixed, but some games like StarForce CV on MiSTer still lock up.

WoW now works.

When does Starforce lock up on you? I'm pretty sure that I have played that on the MiSTer with no issues. I will try it again to make sure I'm remembering things correctly though.

When does Starforce lock up on you? I'm pretty sure that I have played that on the MiSTer with no issues. I will try it again to make sure I'm remembering things correctly though.

After about a minute of play.

Star Force locks up on my ADAM sometimes...and it locks up 100% of the time using the Virtual ADAM emulator.

WoW now works.