IGNORED

CV on MiSTer and Mega Sg - what homebrew games work?

grips03

So far, not looking to good playing CV on FPGA consoles.

So far the original CV with RGB board or CV with F18A are the best ways to play CV games.

1) Wizard of Wor - randomly locks up on Mega Sg and with no voice, won't even load on MiSTer.

2) Star Force - Game locks up on MiSTer

I hope the Phoenix works better than this.

From what I tried, both SG-1000 and CV versions of Star Force work with Mega SG. I have that one on cart for SG-1000 (though I played it via rom file since I don't have a cart adapter for Mark III/SG-1000 games). I like this version quite a bit.

I haven't tried Wizard of Wor. I wasn't aware the ROM was made available.

Edited by BrianC

Is the Phoenix delayed?

So far it is still by the end of April". I'd just rather another short delay rather than something rushed, like a "just like the real thing" FPGA core for the MISTer or Mega-Sg that is actually less reliable.

So far it is still by the end of April". I'd just rather another short delay rather than something rushed, like a "just like the real thing" FPGA core for the MISTer or Mega-Sg that is actually less reliable.

Oh I mis-read your post. I thought you were saying it was delayed for 8 months :)

• 1 month later...

Some of my MiSTer issue turned out to bad memory. That has been fixed, but some games like StarForce CV on MiSTer still lock up.

WoW now works.

When does Starforce lock up on you? I'm pretty sure that I have played that on the MiSTer with no issues. I will try it again to make sure I'm remembering things correctly though.