IGNORED

Suprisingly good projector for native TI composite

OLD CS1

I picked up a Pyle Pro PRJLE33 LED projector last year as a portable for TI events. Trying it out when I got it I found it to work and be okay for its purpose. Tonight while getting gear together for VCF I found out this little projector is far more incredible than I originally assessed. It is perfect for the TI!

Check it out at B&H.

The native resolution is 800x600, but I watched the Pit/NY game tonight in 720p HD with no perceivable loss of fidelity. Playing a few TI games and running DMWT amazed me. My metric for video is the "flag girl" part of the demo and I found no flicker with this projector. Just amazing.

• Like 2

I picked up a Pyle Pro PRJLE33 LED projector last year as a portable for TI events. Trying it out when I got it I found it to work and be okay for its purpose. Tonight while getting gear together for VCF I found out this little projector is far more incredible than I originally assessed. It is perfect for the TI!

Check it out at B&H.

The native resolution is 800x600, but I watched the Pit/NY game tonight in 720p HD with no perceivable loss of fidelity. Playing a few TI games and running DMWT amazed me. My metric for video is the "flag girl" part of the demo and I found no flicker with this projector. Just amazing.

How does it compare with my ancient Dell projector we use at the Faire? It looks like it does not have VGA inputs nor composite. If you think it's better, perhaps we can use it then instead.

How does it compare with my ancient Dell projector we use at the Faire? It looks like it does not have VGA inputs nor composite. If you think it's better, perhaps we can use it then instead.

Not sure. I cannot recall ever seeing anything in motion on your projector, or anything which would potentially flicker. This PRJLE33 has two HDMI, component, composite, SVGA, and two USB ports. It is an LED light source pushing 2500 lumens (which I cannot measure and am somewhat skeptical.) I will bring it this year so we can see.

Not sure. I cannot recall ever seeing anything in motion on your projector, or anything which would potentially flicker. This PRJLE33 has two HDMI, component, composite, SVGA, and two USB ports. It is an LED light source pushing 2500 lumens (which I cannot measure and am somewhat skeptical.) I will bring it this year so we can see.

Sounds good. We can compare both at the pre-Faire affair. I've actually watched movies with it and there is little lag or ghosting. It also cost $800 when I got it 12 years ago!

By the way, that dial is for key-stone, the tilt of the screen forward or back, to accommodate projecting onto objects at an angle to the projector. By far the worst feature of this device in terms of accuracy, but it does beat digital key-stone as it does not take away from display resolution. Throw is not too bad, either: I projected a roughly 70" screen from about seven feet away.

• Like 1