IGNORED

broken 7800 power supply

bradhig1

i ordered a new one. I hate the fact the 7800 power supplies have a weird connection to the console.

How else would it get power?

But you are correct in that the strain relief on these old PSUs seems to be where the internal wires break most often and that would mean the strain relief isn't really relieving any strain..LOL. Did you order a replacement from Best? I'm curious about their new supplies but hadn't needed anything else lately to get an order together.

How else would it get power?

But you are correct in that the strain relief on these old PSUs seems to be where the internal wires break most often and that would mean the strain relief isn't really relieving any strain..LOL. Did you order a replacement from Best? I'm curious about their new supplies but hadn't needed anything else lately to get an order together.

I've got one from Best. So far, so good. It does what it says on the tin.

Edited by rocketmonkey101

I'll pay for shipping on the broken one if you don't want it but also don't want to throw it in the garbage. PM me if that is interesting to you.

At one point, I had a broken one and cut the end off to put it on another PSU with the same specs, but if the only problem on this one is a disconnected wire, I'd probably try to fix it.

He said "weird" (which it is TBH), not "wired". I replaced the non-standard power jack on both of mine and replaced it with a barrel jack so I can use a model 1 Genesis/MD PSU like I do with most of my consoles.

Thank you for that! I did read it as the word wired and not weird. I've added in barrel jacks when requested on 7800s that have come my way to be modded. In fact I add the barrel jack with it on a few inches of wire coming out of the console so that either jack can be used.