IGNORED

Looking for Some Xbox One Headset Recommendations

I've been looking for a good Xbox One headset, but I have no idea what to look for. Primarily, I'd like to use the microphone to record some gameplay footage and upload it to YouTube. I know the best option to do this probably involves getting a capture card hooked up to the PC and then get a better microphone, but since the Xbox One can capture gameplay right out of the box, I think this is the better/cheaper option for now. So what brands should I research? How much money should I spend on a good headset? Are 360 headsets compatible with the Xbox One? And finally, what about the headset that came with the Xbox One originally? Is that any good at all? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Games Retrospect

What's the microphone for? Just adding color commentary to the stuff you're streaming?

I just use old wired iPhone earbuds plugged into the controller's audio port, but I'm mostly interested in quiet gaming, not talking, so I don't know if that would work for what you're trying to do. It would be a cheap thing to try first, though.

What's the microphone for? Just adding color commentary to the stuff you're streaming?

I just use old wired iPhone earbuds plugged into the controller's audio port, but I'm mostly interested in quiet gaming, not talking, so I don't know if that would work for what you're trying to do. It would be a cheap thing to try first, though.

Yes, the idea would be to talk over videos and since I've never used a headset on an Xbox, I don't know how it works. I assume you need an adapter or a headset that comes with the adapter, but they're really expensive. I've been looking at some Logitech and they look good, but they are really expensive and it's hard to justify that kind of money. Also, that's money I don't spend on games, haha. Thanks for the comment!

These are the brands I'm familiar with. Not much experience with the SteelSeries, Logitech, Sennheiser or uber-expensive audiophile sets. Most of these are XB1/PC headsets, but I think the Astro A40 and A10 work with multiple devices.

Premium 100% Wireless, 50MM and 7.1 Surround Sound

Astro A50

Razer Thresher Ultimate

Quality Headsets

Astro A40

Astro A20

Razer Thresher

Quality Budget Headsets

Astro A10

Microsoft XB1/Win Headset

I own an Astro A50 headset and love it. I also play a ton of multiplayer FPS and simulation games and the surround sound is really nice in hearing where the enemy is coming from or shooting from. My PC and XB1 are also right next to each other and switching between the two just requires a flick of a switch on the base station.

These are the brands I'm familiar with. Not much experience with the SteelSeries, Logitech, Sennheiser or uber-expensive audiophile sets. Most of these are XB1/PC headsets, but I think the Astro A40 and A10 work with multiple devices.

Premium 100% Wireless, 50MM and 7.1 Surround Sound

Astro A50

Razer Thresher Ultimate

Quality Headsets

Astro A40

Astro A20

Razer Thresher

Quality Budget Headsets

Astro A10

Microsoft XB1/Win Headset

I own an Astro A50 headset and love it. I also play a ton of multiplayer FPS and simulation games and the surround sound is really nice in hearing where the enemy is coming from or shooting from. My PC and XB1 are also right next to each other and switching between the two just requires a flick of a switch on the base station.

Wow, thanks for the recommendations. I had no idea most of those existed becuase I don't really know anything about console headphones. The top tier ones are insane in the sense that they are more expensive than the console itself, haha. I'm pretty sure they're worth the money though. 7.1 surround sound sounds awesome for competitive games, especially FPS.