IGNORED

"Three more titles coming soon"

BSRSteve

There is flicker but it's nowhere near that bad. That's likely due to the video capture rate. And if you play Deep Pockets on a CRT television the flicker should be even less noticeable. There are some game modes that have no flicker at all.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

The reason it wasn't released is because it was 1990 and INTV Corp was shutting down. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I think there's slowdown due to the processing needed; that might look like bad physics. It simulates ball spin and I appreciate all the game variations. I think they could have had a computer AI player.

Edited by mr_me

The reason it wasn't released is because it was 1990 and INTV Corp was shutting down. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I think there's slowdown due to the processing needed; that might look like bad physics. It simulates ball spin and I appreciate all the game variations. I think they could have had a computer AI player.

I know its not the official reason, but its really not good. As a collector: Sure, I'll take it. As a gamer: Wow that game sucks. May its nice as a tech demo or something like that, but its really a bad game and if it would have been released as the 126th it would be the worsed by far of the whole library. I get your points with some impressive things, but all in all its really nearly unplayable (and personally I cut the neartly, its just unplayable)

The new Spiker will be in a different cartridge shell with a very different label, have a BSR splash screen, a full color manual, overlays and a new gatefold box.

The other two games will have the same treatment, though I am not sure what kind of cases the bootleg printing had. The other two titles have been mentioned in this thread.

I am told that June 1 is a more realistic date for the new releases.

We will not be likely to have enough if 10,000 people want them. Our initial run of boxes is 500.

Thank you for making enough changes so as to not upset the owners of the original Spiker! release.

Also,for giving those who could never afford one the opportunity to put it in there collection. Cool stuff! ;-) :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Looks like he has a great box guy!

He must, but this isn't my work. I don't have a template for gatefold designs. I was happy to contribute with Slap Shot but I'm even more pleased to see these new games getting the GF treatment. I like that they kept the blue box coloring for BSR as well.

• Like 1

So the question of the day ... if Spiker is the last game NOT in your collection, does the reissued Spiker qualify you for the 125 club?

Asking for a friend ;) (and, uh, ignore my signature below)

So the question of the day ... if Spiker is the last game NOT in your collection, does the reissued Spiker qualify you for the 125 club?

Asking for a friend ;) (and, uh, ignore my signature below)

I vote yes, however I think we should have a special status for an original Spiker. Alternatively, we could add a 125 Aluminium status for a Spiker reissue :D

• Like 1