IGNORED

"Three more titles coming soon"

BSRSteve

This is how I see the three games and how I will apply them to any kind of list.

Spiker is just a variant. Counts as full Spiker.

The other two will not be recorded on my list as Homebrews but rather will extend the 125 to 127. Reason: they are released by a company that released games before any homebrews were made or even thought of.

1 possible other change I might do is to remove those other two from the Homebrew list and count them as variants of the 127. I have not decided on this yet.

This is my opinion and what I will list in my signature.

Intellivision Productions first released the Intellivion Lives CD around 1998/99, downloads in 1997. Joe Zbiciak had 4tris cartridges around 2000/2001 and I'm not sure about any downloads. You'd have to ask when he started working on it or first considered it. I doubt many serious intellivision collectors would be happy without an original Spiker.

Edited by mr_me

This is how I see the three games and how I will apply them to any kind of list.

Spiker is just a variant. Counts as full Spiker.

The other two will not be recorded on my list as Homebrews but rather will extend the 125 to 127. Reason: they are released by a company that released games before any homebrews were made or even thought of.

1 possible other change I might do is to remove those other two from the Homebrew list and count them as variants of the 127. I have not decided on this yet.

This is my opinion and what I will list in my signature.

yes,but if you start counting re-releases as additions to the 125 we could potentially end up with 250.

Plus people with complete collections are pushed to buy the re-released games.

I will buy them anyway,that is how I collect and the new boxes are cool. I think of them more as homebrews.

Intellivision Productions first released the Intellivion Lives CD around 1998/99, downloads in 1997. Joe Zbiciak had 4tris cartridges around 2000/2001 and I'm not sure about any downloads. You'd have to ask when he started working on it or first considered it. I doubt many serious intellivision collectors would be happy without an original Spiker.

Agreed on the Spiker! Comment.?

My thinking is that only the original 125 release have to be considered in the gold 125 club.

Spyker is the emblematic case, the investment done to purchase the original spiker should be preserved not considering the re-release as the original one.

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk

As Tim has mentioned this is his list and we all should collect whatever makes us happy. For me personally, the original 125 released BITD is a separate collecting goal from any games released after the fact, starting with 4Tris and that would include the 3 new BSR releases. Having said that, I think its great that people who havent been able to get a copy of the original version of Spiker can now add the game to their collection.

• Like 4

As Tim has mentioned this is his list and we all should collect whatever makes us happy. For me personally, the original 125 released BITD is a separate collecting goal from any games released after the fact, starting with 4Tris and that would include the 3 new BSR releases. Having said that, I think its great that people who havent been able to get a copy of the original version of Spiker can now add the game to their collection.

I like this comment!

To me the 125 will always be canon and no post-125 release will ever change that number. But that's just myself and my collection. To Tim the new BSR games are an extension of the 125 and that works for him and his collection. Neither of us is incorrect and no one gets to define our collections for us.

I also do not believe the new release of Spiker diminishes the value of original copies of the game. Both because the majority of collectors will consider the BSR version to be a re-issue and because completists will consider both necessary to have a full set. I will be buying one as I want to collect as many gatefold releases as I can (damn you, Smurfs!) but not because I feel I need it to complete anything.

Either way, I'm happy to see BSR releasing new stuff and will continue to support their efforts.

• Like 1

IMO, the clue is in the title.

The three new releases are not homebrew AND are post 2000. There shouldn't be any controversy about these two facts, right?

If we named the list starting with 4-Tris "Homebrews", the two previously unreleased games shouldn't be included there and should alternatively be listed in the "Canon" or in a separate list. Same thing for the re-release of Spiker as a variant of the original released in 1990 or in that separate list.

If we named the list starting with 4-Tris "Post 2000 releases" - which would be more appropriate in my not so humble opinion - the two previously unreleased games should be included there. According to the same logic, the new Spiker should be included in this list and not in the "Canon" like the Intellivision Revolution variation of Mouse Trap.

That said, SoulBuster's list is his list, he has the absolute right to make it the way he wants and it's a great resource. Probably the one I use the most to check the current state of the hombr..... ehm... Post 2000 releases

Additionally, we were running out of the ten-packs we had of the pack-in overlays for the Flashback, so while we were printing new overlays for these games, we reprinted the nine games of the ten pack that were correct (leaving off the baseball ones). Since we didn't have the original artwork, we had to have them redone, so updated the copyrights to BSR, 2019, and made a bunch.

• Like 1

The third title - (Cmart was right on all three):

King of the Mountain. Can you comment on what differences there are from the version on the Intellivision Lives CD.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the credits on the box.

Edited by mr_me