IGNORED

Total Carnage Graphics issue (Virtual-Jaguar)

MoonTurtle

So I've been toying around with Atari Jaguar emulation, I have both Project Tempest and Virtual Jaguar, and both I really like, (even though Virtual Jaguar for some reason can't play Doom or Wolf3D, but it can play AvP)

I recently got a j64 rom file for the Jaguar version of the Total Carnage prototype from AtariMania, and I booted up Virtual Jaguar to play it, TC being one of my favorite games from the 90s, I wanted to try it out and see how it compared to other versions of the game, (TC was also on Amiga, MS-DOS, SNES and Game Boy)

However, one the game started, I noticed that some of the graphics are corrupted, especially on the title screen, when the gunfire sound effect starts playing the the graphics start scrolling, the screen gets all glitchy and corrupted, not to mention that when I actually try to pay the game, the graphics are fine, but the sound and music go completely silent, bot to mention the choppy framerate, (like 10 FPS)

Now I can't give this version too much slack because it's a near-finished prototype, and I don't really know if the game acts this way on actual hardware, (it might run a bit better compared to emulation.)

I can't tell if this is a crappy rom dump, or if it's just a side-effect of the game not being fully developed.

Here's a couple of PNG files showing what the corrupted Title Screen looks like:

post-66018-0-17052800-1555188167_thumb.png

post-66018-0-25660700-1555188182_thumb.png

post-66018-0-41126100-1555188191_thumb.png