IGNORED

Can anyone help me fix grapthic issue on the atarimax sd5200

SassiestPen

Hi
i've been having issue with some games not displayed the graphic properly on the atarimax 5200 sd cartage
for example the real cartage i own of missile command is fine but the rom version on the atarimax has the graphic problem
so i don't think there anything wrong with the console. its Something on the 5200 atarimax sd cartage
i have the 5200 4-port version

in the Pac Man 5200 rom showed in the picture
there weird dot that appear when pacman appear when the game begin
post-66983-0-64278800-1555193621_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me how i can fix this problem

Thanks
Edited by SassiestPen

• 4 months later...

There is an Atari Tech tip from the era that fixes a timing bug with the CPU, that I think will solve your issue. It's Tech Tip #7 from the Field Service Manual updates document. Check if your 6502 CPU is a Rockwell dated 8250 or later. If so, I would suspect this tech tip might fix it. (It requires that you add two components to the solder side of the PCB, a capacitor and a resistor to form an RC network to change up the timing.)

If this sounds like too much headache, from what I've read, you can swap out the Rockwell CPU with an older Synertek CPU and it will fix the issue.

I do not know for sure that this will fix your problem. But others have reported this will fix it. This is simple hearsay. Nevertheless, I hope it's helpful.  Matthew

Tech.Tip.07.pdf

On 8/18/2019 at 12:25 PM, xefned said:

There is an Atari Tech tip from the era that fixes a timing bug with the CPU, that I think will solve your issue. It's Tech Tip #7 from the Field Service Manual updates document. Check if your 6502 CPU is a Rockwell dated 8250 or later. If so, I would suspect this tech tip might fix it. (It requires that you add two components to the solder side of the PCB, a capacitor and a resistor to form an RC network to change up the timing.)

If this sounds like too much headache, from what I've read, you can swap out the Rockwell CPU with an older Synertek CPU and it will fix the issue.

I do not know for sure that this will fix your problem. But others have reported this will fix it. This is simple hearsay. Nevertheless, I hope it's helpful.  Matthew

Tech.Tip.07.pdf 319.62 kB · 6 downloads

Will this Processor work

https://www.amazon.com/Major-Brands-6502-Semiconductors-40-Pin/dp/B00B88E8FQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=MOS+Technology+6502&qid=1566589966&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0