IGNORED

Atari 2600 VCSp Phoenix Portable by Ben Heckendorn -- on eBay Now!

dolomite13

Atari 2600 VCSp Phoenix Portable by Ben Heckendorn (Rare Signed Numbered)
Signed by Ben Heckendorn (of Element 14) and is #16
I have had this for many years since ordering it from Ben. It works just as it did when I recieved it. One of the battery two door latches is broken but the other latches just fine.
I have many games and if you buy this item the auction I would be happy to look through my collection and see if I have any of your favorites that I could include with the purchase.
Fee free to contact me with any questions.

Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-VCSp-Phoenix-Portable-by-Ben-Heckendorn-Rare-Signed-Numbered/273807169870

=D13=

p.s. I used to post here years ago but that email address i used with the atartage account is no longer being used so i had to sign up again.

Edited by dolomite13
  • Like 3

Did your wife take it? Or did you have to sell it to settle debts? Not really my business, just curious...

As much as I love the "I hate my ex-wife!" jokes she and I actually had a very quiet divorce back in 2003. We each took what was ours and walked away. We still talk and are friends but we just knew it wasn't working.

After the divorce I had sold off everything not nailed down to pay the debts that went from manageable as a 2 income family to "damn THAT'S my electric bill?!?" with only one income.

Ben originally sold these for around $350. In the 2600 portables, the screens alone cost in the $100 to $200 range because he had to hack up a pocket TV because you couldn't just buy an lcd screen online in those days like you can now. It wasn't worth the amount of hours it took him to make these compared to the cost he sold them at, so he wrote his book that tells you how to make one yourself.

He makes single handed Xbox One controllers for $350. It is a similar issue where it takes him too many hours to make it to justify the time, except he has been able to simplify and speed up the process for making single handed controllers, and helping people with disabilities makes it more worthwhile.

Ben originally sold these for around $350. In the 2600 portables, the screens alone cost in the $100 to $200 range because he had to hack up a pocket TV because you couldn't just buy an lcd screen online in those days like you can now. It wasn't worth the amount of hours it took him to make these compared to the cost he sold them at, so he wrote his book that tells you how to make one yourself.

He makes single handed Xbox One controllers for $350. It is a similar issue where it takes him too many hours to make it to justify the time, except he has been able to simplify and speed up the process for making single handed controllers, and helping people with disabilities makes it more worthwhile.

He recently did a video on how low end his workmanship was back then as well. He went back and rebuilt one of his first 2600p units and he's beating himself up the whole time for the poor quality of his work back then versus what he can do now.