IGNORED

Lynx 1 5V USB mod with original on/off switch intact?

Unstablewarpfield

Topic says it all.

I thought to ask here first before delving into it myself. I know about the C41 trick and have tried to solder a usb cable to that capacitor. Works fine ofcourse, but I'd like to use the original buttons to switch on/off the console while only using 5V. (Ideally a mini usb port where the power socket now is would be fantastic.)

Is this possible?

• 1 year later...

I'm also curious about this. I'm really happy with my USB plug that I can connect to a power bank, and fortunately, my power bank has its own on/off switch, making things very easy. But I am curious if there's a way to make this mod and still maintain the functionality of the original buttons. But at the same time, those buttons would have to work when they 9 volt supply is plugged in. So it's a big ask, but I wonder if anyone has already solved this problem. Thanks.

For Lynx 1 I made this solution now...

Desoldered most of the original power circuit. It uses a 10000 mAh Lipo that charges through usb. The usb port is situated where the dc connector used to be. On/off switch works. Lynx also powers down according to atari's timer. Just a proof of concept for now since some minor tweaks are still needed. 1a15f64d2b4ec7164205efdd19bf7ced.jpg019fc7981e3079b6eba85b9a88dd4ac4.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 7/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, Unstablewarpfield said:

For Lynx 1 I made this solution now...

Desoldered most of the original power circuit. It uses a 10000 mAh Lipo that charges through usb. The usb port is situated where the dc connector used to be. On/off switch works. Lynx also powers down according to atari's timer. Just a proof of concept for now since some minor tweaks are still needed. 1a15f64d2b4ec7164205efdd19bf7ced.jpg

I was wondering if you had made any progress with this?