IGNORED

A.F. “Anthropomorphic Force” (Kai Magazine/Elektronite) for Intellivision.

It is time to show you a better video of “Anthropomorphic Force” since an older/obsolete video has seen the light, and also to open a thread in case you folks have some questions about it.

This game is a work in progress. Some aspects might change/improve. There might be misspellings or other errors that will be corrected on the final version.

This game does not require any additional hardware. It works on any Intellivision.

It does use Intellivoice to play custom samples if it’s available (thank you to Joe Zbiciak for making this possible!)

The video does not show how smooth the game really works and looks on a real Intellivision due to video conversion and emulator, vsync problems. The game works smoothly at 60 fps.

I wish to stress that it is very important to receive your support on our previous games:

Ninja Odyssey and TNT Cowboy.

I am running very low on funds and I might have to look for greener pastures very shortly (before the CIB versions of those games are availabe).

You can find more info here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/290305-tnt-cowboy-official-ordering-thread/

-Developed by Kai Magazine

-Published by Elektronite

-Cover by Miguel Angel Jimenez

-Music composed by John Hassink and Oscar Kenneth Albero. Adapted to Intellivision by Oscar Kenneth Albero

Special thanks to:

-Joe Zbiciak

-Arturo Ragozinni (Artrag)

-Oscar Toledo (Nanochess)

-Victor Sanchez

-Xavi Sorinas

post-66395-0-91605700-1555587881.png

post-66395-0-49479200-1555587888.png

post-66395-0-96750800-1555587894.png

post-66395-0-58602700-1555587901.png

post-66395-0-90563600-1555587908.png

post-66395-0-98261200-1555587913.png

post-66395-0-00942300-1555587919.png

post-66395-0-02544400-1555587926.png

post-66395-0-19691000-1555587934.png

post-66395-0-85744700-1555587938.png

post-66395-0-67947100-1555587943.png

post-66395-0-63059100-1555587948.png

post-66395-0-80634000-1555587953.png

post-66395-0-16658000-1555587958.png

post-66395-0-62315100-1555587963.png

post-66395-0-75961100-1555587969.png

post-66395-0-54327900-1555587976.png

• Like 15

This is a great piece of work, for sure. I really dig two things about it. First, I like the vertical downward scroller idea. Most shooters seem to go vertically up or horizontally left to right. It's different, and different is what makes games stand out from the crowd. Second, I really like the pacing. Hardware notwithstanding, I really like the pace of the game and the not overcrowded play field. Seems many shooters focused on how many enemies could be put on the screen at the same time at the expense of just having fun with good gameplay. I like the clean ascetic of the game and the more relaxed pacing. With an Inty controller, that pacing will be much easier to manage than a manic shump would be anyway.

Nice work. This looks like a must-own, especially in ROM form for the LTO, if made available.

I like it. :thumbsup: Very impressive visuals during gameplay! Thanks for the extended video.

I do have a small suggestion, if you don't mind. At the start of the game, the story would read much more naturally if you try to avoid splitting phrases between screens (whenever possible). Here are a couple of examples that would be improved by keeping phrases together:

The other meteorites impacted in various points of the planet,

[ BREAK ]

creating climate changes and other disasters.

Here's another example:

The scanners detect deep underground tunnels

[ BREAK ]

and strange life forms at the bottom of said tunnels.

There are a few others that could read better also. I'm sure your team can spot the others. This will make the presentation more polished and professional, something this game deserves.

This is a great piece of work, for sure. I really dig two things about it. First, I like the vertical downward scroller idea. Most shooters seem to go vertically up or horizontally left to right. It's different, and different is what makes games stand out from the crowd. Second, I really like the pacing. Hardware notwithstanding, I really like the pace of the game and the not overcrowded play field. Seems many shooters focused on how many enemies could be put on the screen at the same time at the expense of just having fun with good gameplay. I like the clean ascetic of the game and the more relaxed pacing. With an Inty controller, that pacing will be much easier to manage than a manic shump would be anyway.

Nice work. This looks like a must-own, especially in ROM form for the LTO, if made available.

Thank you for your words and for getting the idea of the game so clearly ;)

I forgot to mention:

The game includes optional Auto-fire. By pressing once on a particular button, the Mecha will fire automatically so you can fully concentrate on moving/evading, which makes the game perfectly playable on the original Intellivision controllers.

Yes, the game will be available in ROM for the LTO :)

• Like 2

I like it. :thumbsup: Very impressive visuals during gameplay! Thanks for the extended video.

I do have a small suggestion, if you don't mind. At the start of the game, the story would read much more naturally if you try to avoid splitting phrases between screens (whenever possible). Here are a couple of examples that would be improved by keeping phrases together:

The other meteorites impacted in various points of the planet,

[ BREAK ]

creating climate changes and other disasters.

Here's another example:

The scanners detect deep underground tunnels

[ BREAK ]

and strange life forms at the bottom of said tunnels.

There are a few others that could read better also. I'm sure your team can spot the others. This will make the presentation more polished and professional, something this game deserves.

I don't mind at all, I welcome the suggestions, this is the reason of this post :)

Ok, we will look into that but there are limitations which must be considered (number of characters per line, number of characters per screen before break, intro lenght, rom memory (the intro is located on a mapped area and it is almost maxed out and every new break or screen text is a new command line) etc. So we will try to improve on some of those cuts, but I can almost surely say that not all of them. The text part of the intro would be too long due to many more breaks / pauses.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1

You know best, but moving words across screens shouldn't make the ROM much bigger?

THE OTHER METEORITES

IMPACTED IN VARIOUS

POINTS OF THE PLANET

CREATING CLIMATE

78 characters

CHANGES AND OTHER

DISASTERS.

28 characters

Total 106 characters

THE OTHER METEORITES

IMPACTED IN VARIOUS

POINTS OF THE PLANET

61 characters

CREATING CLIMATE

CHANGES AND OTHER

DISASTERS.

45 characters

Total 106 characters

Even thoug it's the same character-wise, every new break or screen text is a new command line. I only have a few bytes left in the intro mapped area. I wanted to fill it as much as I could in order to make the intro as nice as I could.

In this example it is 2 breaks, no problem, but in other situations this means to create a new break.

Anyway we will find a solution, no problem.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 2

Does hero die if he/she touches the land or only if they go completely off screen?

Can the hero land on the ground and walk?

Is that static at 5:53 in the video?

Thank you for your interest!

The hero dies if he touches the land, an enemy or an enemy bullet. He doesn't die if he goes to the top or bottom of the screen. He can't leave the screen either.

No, he can't land on the land and walk. There is not much horizontal land to walk anyway ;)

I don't know what you mean at 5:53 in the video. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps it was a moment's codec compression fail on your device or a buffering problem on youtube?

If it's not that, feel free to send me a still/photo/screen capture pointing out what you mean and I will examine it.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1

Thank you for your interest!

The hero dies if he touches the land, an enemy or an enemy bullet. He doesn't die if he goes to the top or bottom of the screen. He can't leave the screen either.

No, he can't land on the land and walk. There is not much horizontal land to walk anyway ;)

I don't know what you mean at 5:53 in the video. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps it was a moment's codec compression fail on your device or a buffering problem on youtube?

If it's not that, feel free to send me a still/photo/screen capture pointing out what you mean and I will examine it.

5:53 is a static sound.

Ah yes, I know what you mean:

That is the sound that the medusas generate when being hit. I need to change that.

Also, when the AF unit goes throug the water or lava waterfalls, the current pushes your AF Mecha down (so you have to correct your course with the controller) and it generates a sound, intended to resemble preassure water hitting your Mecha.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1