IGNORED

A.F. “Anthropomorphic Force” (Kai Magazine/Elektronite) for Intellivision.

3 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Anyone actually get a return email with payment details upon sending an email to order yet? I did so on the 20th and included my LTOs UID to place an order for both TNT Cowboy and A.F. but no reply as yet? Figured maybe a lot of requests and they just haven't caught up to mine yet....

All received emails have had replies. Please PM me your email address and I will send out your email.

57 minutes ago, Elektronite said:

No bugs to squash. All replies to emails have been sent out. 

A reply was sent to your s*******@gmail.com  on June 22nd. Please check your junk mail folder!

Don’t see it.  Please reply again as I will monitor the folder.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Placed my order for A.F. today and it took under 5 minutes I think to receive the merchandise.   Faster than Amazon.  

Thank you for the support!

We have sold 30 A.F. ROMS as of this posting. (yes, only 30)

A limited number of cartridges will be arriving later this summer and we will be offering them to ROM purchasers first.

If we do a 'Complete in Box' version, you will be able to get an 'upgrade kit' for your cartridge. 

LTO Flash! ROM sales are currently the only way we are able to finance the release of Defender of the Crown (completed and in testing) and other games that remain in the pipeline. There are 600+ LTO Flash! units in distribution. I know that people prefer physical product to ROMS, but consider voting with your wallet on whether these games see release the 'proper' way. 

As a reminder, we have LTO Flash! ROMS for sale of:

Hover Bovver

Steamroller

Miner 2049er

Ninja Odyssey

TNT Cowboy 

A.F.

EACH ROM is $20 US plus PayPal fees. With every purchase of a ROM, you get a FREE BONUS ROM of 'The Lost Caves of Kroz' for use on your LTO Flash! 

If you are interested in making a purchase, send your LTO Flash! unique ID (obtained from the Graphical User Interface) to:

elektronite   at  hotmail  dot com with the list of the game(s) that you wish to purchase. You will be sent payment information.

To all the people that have supported us by purchasing an LTO Flash! ROM, we thank you and hope that you enjoy your games!

40628628_317810979017484_716160254437490688_n.jpg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Elektronite said:

There are 600+ LTO Flash! units in distribution. I know that people prefer physical product to ROMS, but consider voting with your wallet on whether these games see release the 'proper' way. 

Hope that people will understand that the adequate support via ROMs purchase is currently key. It will help to see more new games.

7 minutes ago, Emanuele said:

Hope that people will understand that the adequate support via ROMs purchase is currently key. It will help to see more new games.

At the moment, we have suspended development of new games. We have a dungeon crawler that was designed, and we are trying to determine if we will fund the programming or not. Frankly, we don't have the money to pay the programmer. Things are pretty much done at this point. It is only a matter of whether things in the pipeline make it out or not. 

2 minutes ago, Elektronite said:

At the moment, we have suspended development of new games. We have a dungeon crawler that was designed, and we are trying to determine if we will fund the programming or not. Frankly, we don't have the money to pay the programmer. Things are pretty much done at this point. It is only a matter of whether things in the pipeline make it out or not. 

I see. Well, the only thing I can do personally is supporting via buying the games. Hope that overall numbers will be adeguate...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the flashcart of course (and I know that currently they are not available), but the gulf in both graphics and gameplay between the pre-crash Intellivision games I've played and this is huge, this is really, really impressive work... I presume it uses the hardware on the flashcart to do more than an '80s Intellivision game could, but even so it looks pretty great and NES quality.

Edited by A Black Falcon

Thank you very much for your comments!

The features I am using from the flash cart are:

-extra ROM storage (up to 200Kb aprox)

-a few extra bytes of ram (but with some optimization I would not even need that)

The cartridge has also multiplication and division enhancements, but if I disable them the game runs at the same speed because I never use multiplications or divisions in the main game routine.

So, basically, extra ROM space (like all consoles do as soon as rom becomes less expensive), so I can fit more graphics, code, musics in order to give more variety.

All you see is 100% intellivision hardware. No tricks.

• Like 3

That's very impressive then, I thought maybe it "cheats" with added modern hardware like a bunch of 2600 homebrews and such do, but with just a large rom size the Intellivision can get pretty close to the NES, huh.  It clearly could do a lot more than lots of the early library shows.  The game looks fun, I'd consider getting it if I could.

Edited by A Black Falcon

Remember that many (a majority?) of the original Intellivision games were based around the built-in EXEC ROM, which is a BIOS if you like with various nifty functions to call. It allowed the game ROMs to be smaller in size, but in return the EXEC had a duty cycle of about 20 Hz IIRC, which is very slow and limited the appearance of the games. Modern games tend to bypass the EXEC, implement their own routines for everything which makes the games larger in size (but as Kai Magazine mentioned, storage nowadays is much cheaper) but then can run at maximum speed.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Elektronite said:

Thanks for the pdfs!  I was able to do some pretty nice prints and make my PRGE purchases feel a little more complete.  ?

Now I just need one for my Ninja Odyssey cart.

IMG_1140_sm.thumb.jpg.f1e58cc4aa6a9bb111685d141c160199.jpg

*A note for anyone who wants to print these with Adobe Acrobat -- you'll need to insert a blank page after the 1st and before the last pages to make the pages equal out in booklet print mode.  If you do that, you'll get the full color front and B&W back with a 2nd inside page being a double-sided.  I printed in "left (tall)" binding on Letter sized paper (8.5"x11") so that my manuals would be a bit smaller.  If you print with just "left" binding, you'll get a normal sized manual.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I bought the Rom and the cart.

Is there a PDF instruction manual for this?

Is there a way to change the starting difficulty setting and tips to beat the bosses online somewhere?

It would help me for sure.

Thank you!?

Hi wolfy62,

Once you beat the game on NORMAL difficultt you will be able to select HARD difficulty.

Which boss in particular is giving you trouble?

Send me a private message so we don't make spoilers here ;) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

Thanks for the pdfs!  I was able to do some pretty nice prints and make my PRGE purchases feel a little more complete.  ?

Now I just need one for my Ninja Odyssey cart.

Hi, I never did a proper manual for Ninja Odyssey so there isn't one just yet.

Once the CIB is a go there will be new manuals with Elektronite format for the 3 games.

• Like 1