IGNORED

How to repair a CX-75 LightPen?

luckybuck

glad to see the connector issue was discovered and solved, looks like connectors and cords get over looked along with power supply issues and grounding/shields quite a bit these days. It's difficult to chase down a gremlin running around a device or system and yet most of the time as of late it keeps coming back to wire/shield connector power. The gremlin is on the wings outside the plane causing havoc not inside pcb and chips!

at least we won't end up in the straight jacket loony bin as such things won't drive us crazy any longer...

shat vs gremlin

• Like 2

Wil in the Twilight Zone. :-) Great! Thank you. The box:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=twilight+zone+dvd&__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=3B1XES4NNSYL8&sprefix=Twilight+Zone%2Caps%2C267&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_13

is on my list, when real retirement is coming, so > 2040? ;-)

Glad it could be solved.

Today, I have asked our electronics store, how much it will be to create a light pen up on my last post: around 50-70 €... Therefore, Bruce is a really great! :-)

Wil in the Twilight Zone. :-) Great! Thank you. The box:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=twilight+zone+dvd&__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=3B1XES4NNSYL8&sprefix=Twilight+Zone%2Caps%2C267&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_13

is on my list, when real retirement is coming, so > 2040? ;-)

Glad it could be solved.

Today, I have asked our electronics store, how much it will be to create a light pen up on my last post: around 50-70 €... Therefore, Bruce is a really great! :-)

Twilight Zone was one of the greatest T.V. shows ever made. Highly recommended.

Allan

• 3 years later...
On 4/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, Irgendwer said:

That is suspicious. How did you test the light pen? With a light gun game? I guess you had a horizontal problem then?

While quite similar, light gun and pen have two differences:

* The trigger pin/signal is different and

* the light gun reports the beam hit with a delay while the pen does so immediately.

So you aren't able to play/test a light-gun game with a light pen...

I've read of people who have used the CX-75 to play Sentinel on the Atari 2600.  Sentinel was the only released Light Gun game for the 2600.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, luckybuck said:

Hi together!

It is solved! At the HATZ 2019 meeting we had 4 CX-75 light pens from 4 different users, 1 was running like a charm, the others needed an extension cable! Why this? The contact pins inside the plug to the joystick port are way too much inside the plug. An extension cable with large pins can fix this, but there is still a 'loose contact'. With some tries, one can find the best position, at this point, the plug with the cable has to be fixed. That is all. On the other hand, we have learned something in the past, as Mclaneinc wrote, it shouldn't be a big problem... please see attachments below (thanks to Charlie Chaplin for sharing!).

So, this means, we have a CX-70 for the 400/800 series, we have a CX-75 for the XL series, but who the heck is building a CX-AtariAge one with regard to the XE series? ;-)

Well, a Fisher Space Pen edition to work aboard the ISS, is o. k., too.... I am moderate here... ;-)

post-32599-0-48468800-1560298931.jpg

post-32599-0-70647400-1560298943_thumb.jpg

wow....

personally I like this design better because it has a button, I still have it on my list of projects to do. 😅

figure6-1.gif