IGNORED

Eggsavier's Cackleberry Rescue - a New Game For Atari Lynx

Igor

So have I to add a new game to my to do list to apply for this competition? Ths hobby is becaming a full time job :-o

Have to find a good idea...

Yep :grin:

I like the idea of single level Game Watch style competition that would end up on a single cart. It is a realistic goal for a summer project. We could set up a voting system on AtariAge as a poll.

That's also great too! I've been looking at easy ways of combining multiple smaller roms on a single cart. If the larger competition doesn't work out then we can always do this as a back up option.

Yep :grin:

That's also great too! I've been looking at easy ways of combining multiple smaller roms on a single cart. If the larger competition doesn't work out then we can always do this as a back up option.

Combining different games on a single rom is a dirty and tedious job, but can be done if sources are availabe.

• Like 1

I have combined games before. There is a special tool co65 that turns anything to binary blobs. You can mix BLL asm games with cc65 games on the same cart. A bit like the SD approach.

Can this handle games that use a cart filesystem, or is only for packing games that have all the code loaded at once in memrory?

It can only handle games that load in as a single blob. If we have several games using a cart system then we may need the sources. But I believe it would be best to not use the cart for these minigames. You could trick the build to fill the entire RAM as a single file. Then you already have the music and graphics in place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...