IGNORED

Atari Dev Studio for Homebrew Development [Release]

mksmith

Which language do you develop with using Atari Dev Studio?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which language do you develop with using Atari Dev Studio?

• batari Basic
    • 7800basic
    • dasm (assembly)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

There seems to be a wrinkle with exporting sprites :

I get the error 

image.png.0a948ef80af1fcc3a1ad2ba553b9c6c0.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

When ever I try to export any sprite from the editor. Tried a new sprite, existing sprite, 160A/ 160B, tried reinstalling.

(I even checked my virus software to ensure it wasn't misbehaving again !)

I am having the same issue exporting PNG files from the sprite editor. I have also checked my antivirus activity.

• Like 1

Ok there seems to be a change converting the image data into a 'Buffer' (to write out to file). That function no longer works regardless of the extension installed by the looks. Trying to find a work around.

• Like 2

A new release (v0.6.2) is now available with the following changes:

•  Fixed error exporting to png images (TwentySixHundred, darryl1970, Muddyfunster)

Sorry about that one guys - it appears Typescript Buffer function no longer liked converting an object (well an array) automatically so I've ended up sending through a base64 string instead.  The spriteEditor is javascript so everything comes through as an object/any type. arrr.... 

[Update] The update is currently being validated my Microsoft (occasionally this happens and may take a few hours).  Direct download here!

Edited by mksmith
Added direct download link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, darryl1970 said:

There was an update to .Net a couple days ago. I kind of wondered if that had any impact on it.

Thanks for all that you do!

-Darryl

Pleasure Darryl - it's certainly helped me!

3 hours ago, Lavalamp said:

Just discovered this, will be trying this tonight. ?

Did RandomTerrain ever get integrated?

Enjoy and welcome!

If you click on the Home/Welcome button on the toolbar it will open a page providing a link off to RT's pages for both 7800basic and bB.  Still thinking about how this might be integrated without duplicating anything.  I could add a lookup option to go to the reference on RT's pages.  Will add that to my list!

1 hour ago, mksmith said:

Pleasure Darryl - it's certainly helped me!

Enjoy and welcome!

If you click on the Home/Welcome button on the toolbar it will open a page providing a link off to RT's pages for both 7800basic and bB.  Still thinking about how this might be integrated without duplicating anything.  I could add a lookup option to go to the reference on RT's pages.  Will add that to my list!

This worked perfectly, no problems at all! 5 Stars

9 minutes ago, Lavalamp said:

With regards to the sprite editor, how do I get it to export invidual PNGs 7800Basic requires? Or am I missing something? Cheers.

Made sure the image you want to export is selected in the editor, click the Export button on the toolbar and then click the 'Export selected only' button.

You will need the very latest version released today for it to work!

A new release (v0.6.3) is now available with the following changes:

• Updated 7800basic to v0.15 (Windows, Linux, macOS)

Thanks again to @RevEng for another great update to 7800basic! Also posting this release fixed the stuck validation on the extension in the Visual Studio marketplace so you should receive it in the normal manner ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Lavalamp Yes unfortunately! It's quite frustrating that the virus scanners keep picking them up but once you mark them safe you should be right.  I recently added a validation on compile to check that the files exist just in-case users don't see the files being quarantined and will alert you to that fact.  

1 hour ago, mksmith said:

@Lavalamp Yes unfortunately! It's quite frustrating that the virus scanners keep picking them up but once you mark them safe you should be right.  I recently added a validation on compile to check that the files exist just in-case users don't see the files being quarantined and will alert you to that fact.  

Cool thanks! 

finding ADS very good, I like the sprite editor, solves all sorts of problems! Can I suggest some features?

- In the sprite editor it would be nice to add the ability to export all sprites as PNGs rather than one at a time.

- Rotate in the sprite editor?

- In the editor it would be nice if the keywords displayed their function from the manual.

7 minutes ago, Lavalamp said:

Cool thanks! 

finding ADS very good, I like the sprite editor, solves all sorts of problems! Can I suggest some features?

- In the sprite editor it would be nice to add the ability to export all sprites as PNGs rather than one at a time.

- Rotate in the sprite editor?

- In the editor it would be nice if the keywords displayed their function from the manual.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Yes I have been putting off adding an export all images as individual pngs
  • I'll see what I can do about adding some form of rotate (how to deal with non-square sprites?)
  • I've also got planned adding a right-click popup help link for language keywords by linking into RandomTerrain's site for bB and 7800basic.  That would save duplicating information as RT keeps it fully up to date.