IGNORED

What the heck is going on with Def Jam Fight For NY?!

S.BAZ

I'm baffled at how much this Def Jam game has been shooting up in value.

5 years ago I was running into this game all over the place. I've had it multiple times for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. I'd get it for a few bucks & if I already had it for that system I'd sell it at the flea market for $5-10. Than at some point the price started climbing and it's still going!

This is certainly not a rare game. Or am I mistaken about that? I used to come across it like it was Tony Hawk or something.

Doesn't seem to be a particularly great fighting game. It is playable and fun, very easy to pick up and play, the controls are simple. But overall it's pretty basic & repetitive. You can do dirty moves, get weapons from the crowd, etc., so that's a little bit unique. It just doesn't seem to stand out to me as a great game though.

My only theory is maybe it's something to do with the personalities represented in the game?

Obviously it's nothing new that a game starts going up in value but I'm just wondering, as common as it apparently is, why this particular game?

• 3 weeks later...