IGNORED

Atari : A Visual History Book is now LIVE on Kickstarter

Greyfox

@Ultrasteve:Your claim i was attempting to mislead people who might not understand how kickstarter works, saw me taking 2 minutes at most to read through the F.A.Q pages on Kickstarter.

A few quotes from there:

"It's important to remember that Kickstarter is built on an all-or-nothing funding system. No one is charged until a project meets its funding goal and the funding period ends. This gives backers time to fully evaluate a project, and it also gives our Trust & Safety team some time to look into any concerns raised by backers."

"Our Trust and Safety team also tracks creators' fulfillment track record as comprehensively as possible–from snags to more serious complications–to help ensure creator accountability. We may adjust our policies based on feedback from backers and creators, and/or data aggregated across projects. Some actions taken may include:

Reaching out to creators and reminding them post project updates as well as respond to backer messages

Revoking account privileges, including the ability to run another campaign on Kickstarter, until rewards have been fulfilled or an update has been posted for backers

Suspending or restricting account privileges if there is sufficient evidence of abuse against our system or trust of others."

Now if i can find a few minutes to read through and understand the very real risks involved and what safety measures are in place , if any, before deciding to pledge funds, i don't think it's asking too much of anyone to do the same before they make their own decision.

I was ripped off to the sum of £60 pounds many years ago on Ebay, seller closed his account, Ebay were useless and i never saw the goods or my money and i have no doubt the seller had a new account up within hours of closing the old one.

But i knew the risks before i set up an EBay account, let alone started bidding.

When i buy from Amazon..i do so with the safety net of the A to Z Guarantee and have sadly had to use that more than once and return items etc.

But because of the guarantees Amazon have in place, i use them over others.

If people are not willing to read through the Kickstarter policies before putting a pledge down, nothing i say on this forum is going to influence that.

I'm now faced with the unenviable task of explaining to numerous industry people whom i respect and who's time i used, just what has unfolded with this project and if they still want to be associated with it.

It's gone from an ambitious look at a sometimes under appreciated system and my personal way of saying what their games meant to myself and others..

To a project of no small controversy

I don't have the luxury of being indifferent, just because i decided not to back it..i sold the principle of the book concept to people in good faith.

I will be dealing with that aspect. .but i will not have the idea put forward i am misleading backers of risks involved in kickstarter projects.

They are adults and Kickstarter itself clearly states the risks and measures in place.

UPDATE:

Do i assume your Steve Green Ultrasteve?

As Chris Abbot has just replied to my email and understandably now wants his name and content removed from the book project if it funds or is relaunched.

Greyfox if you are reading please do as Chris asks, thank you.

But Steve, it was not your place to alert Chris to this thread, it was not you who approached Chris on behalf of the book and asked for his assistance, it was myself.

I watched the progress of the project and gave Greyfox time to respond to points raised and when it reached the critical mass it has today and the risk of it being funded drew closer to a reality, i contacted Chris to make him aware as a personal friend of mine and as a contributor to the book.

Not every act of kindest is based on wisdom, but Chris was approached in good faith and now given clear warning of what's unfolded.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

@Ultrasteve:Your claim i was attempting to mislead people who might not understand how kickstarter works, saw me taking 2 minutes at most to read through the F.A.Q pages on Kickstarter.

A few quotes from there:

"Our Trust and Safety team also tracks creators' fulfillment track record as comprehensively as possible–from snags to more serious complications–to help ensure creator accountability. We may adjust our policies based on feedback from backers and creators, and/or data aggregated across projects. Some actions taken may include:

Reaching out to creators and reminding them post project updates as well as respond to backer messages

Revoking account privileges, including the ability to run another campaign on Kickstarter, until rewards have been fulfilled or an update has been posted for backers

Suspending or restricting account privileges if there is sufficient evidence of abuse against our system or trust of others."

@Lost Dragon : I've no idea why you needed to go to that length. Ultrasteve already clearly stated the risk of signing up to a KS campaign is very real and very evident (Mastertronic as proof). Nobody (anywhere) said there was any risk if the project didn't achieve funding.

Ultrasteve was quite clear in that once a project reaches its targets and funds are released there is nothing to ensure the backers see anything in return.

That last paragraph above doesn't actually say that they KS do anything to get your money back if it all goes south - because (well) they can't can they.. All it says is they monitor and "keep an eye on" but, once the dev has the money, it can't be recovered. so a scammer will make good from KS - but once only with one ID (because they "suspend acct privileges" - wow that'll hurt a scammer!

This is the key to the whole thing: proving your finished project exists. The fact it clearly isn't finished (in this case) would make me (if i were a backer) withdraw my support.

But horses for courses eh? people are so keen to see new devs (of any description) that they're willing to potentially throw good money after bad

Edited by Guest

Because Ultrasteve made the claim that i was misleading people who may not know how kickstarter really works and thus they wouldn't be aware of inherent or otherwise risks present.

Ultrasteve's comment to myself:

"There is only no risk if the project doesn't fund, so you are misleading people who may not really know how Kickstarter works."

I wasn't clued up on Kickstarter myself so curious to see how they state their case and from the FAQ stuff i read through. .the entire kickstarter concept seems based around trust..little more than that.

So it's a huge risk, with zero guarantees in place.

It really seems as easy as if you have doubts, do not pledge...If you do pledge and you loose your money, very sorry, but we (kickstarter) did tell you it was a risk and we won't be doing anything of worth to get your money back.

And not being the cleverest gentleman out there, if i could grasp that concept, it did not feel like i was asking too much of the 500+ backers to do a bit of basic reading of the kickstarter site before pledging.

The claim i was misleading folk did not sit well.

I've been nothing but transparent and now i find Steve beat me to messaging Chris Abbot.

It's going beyond just well meaning people red flagging concerns on here.

Edited by Lost Dragon

1) It's unofficial for a number of reasons.

For starters if you covered the Official Atari titles, you would have to pay the current I.P holders money to cover them in the booK, which would of pushed book price up even further and with Atari itself having sold off I.P rights to likes of Battlezone etc, it was going to be a nightmare entering into negotiations with all the I.P holders.

The Atari 8 bit range, unlike say the 7800, Lynx or Jaguar consoles , had a wide range of third party software releases and thus an ample supply of titles and genres to call apon.

And how does this not apply to 3rd party companies? Or is the promoter just assuming there's less risk of them still being viable entities with money to do anything about it?

And regarding the risk of Kickstarter projects in general - I've backed 7 over the years, and only got complete fulfillment on 3 of them (that were fully funded). And 2 of the not quite complete or failed projects were Atari-related. I think I've learned my lesson.

• Like 1

In a matter of hours the entire chapter will be over.

There is nobody at risk of loosing any money, even i know that much about Crowd Funding projects.

If the backers are nervous they have time to pull out..it really is that black and white.

@Lost Dragon - I'm indifferent to most of what you've posted, but I can't understand why you can't see the risk. Neither of us know whether or not this will be a Mastertronic Archives or not, but that's the point. There is risk already, and plenty of it, that's why Kickstarter exists. Saying that until it's funded there's no problem is true, but only in as much that by then it's too late as people will not get their money back if no book arrives. There is still an inherent risk, very definitely not no risk. There is only no risk if the project doesn't fund, so you are misleading people who may not really know how Kickstarter works.

Because Ultrasteve made the claim that i was misleading people who may not know how kickstarter really works and thus they wouldn't be aware of inherent or otherwise risks present.

I wasn't clued up on Kickstarter myself so curious to see how they state their case and from the FAQ stuff i read through. .the entire kickstarter concept seems based around trust..little more than that.

And not being the cleverest gentleman out there, if i could grasp that concept, it did not feel like i was asking too much of the 500+ backers to do a bit of basic reading of the kickstarter site before pledging.

Because you said there was no risk (top quote above) but there clearly is.

ultrasteve highlighted that you were wrong - and you were (accidentally) misleading people who "may not know how KS works" - because you clearly didn't know either - despite the Mastertronic saga - and YOU claimed that backer's money was safe: "There is nobody at risk of loosing any money, even i know that much about Crowd Funding projects." - your own words

I don't get your last paragraph - you've ONLY JUST grasped the concept after re-reading KS rules/FAQs - so Ultrasteve was right in alerting backers who (like you) may not have been aware of the risks.

it's a shame the "penny dropped" for you so late into the thread.

Edited by Guest

Point 1..less risk of third parties not being so concerned as Atari would of been about use of their I.P is yet another question only Greyfox can really answer, if he ever bloody decides to do just that

All i can say is what came up when he approached me with the concept of the book..he had seen how closely Sega and Nintendo guard their I.P's..cease and desist stuff issued on books (Nintendo book put on hold until issue resolved), Sega and Nintendo killing fan projects, Atari at that point going after Jeff Minter over Tempest etc.

The officially Licensed route was beyond scope of such a small, 1 man band venture in effect.

You have to bear in mind even back then Greyfox and myself were at polar opposits as to what direction this project should take.

I suggested at best he do a much more limited project. .a physical magazine but done properly, Atari Gamer Magazine volume II but with 100% exclusive material, proof readers onboard etc.

A kind of Tribute to the A8 Range magazine as i had very much enjoyed the Zzap64 Tribute magazines that had appeared years after the demise of it and thought something similar for the A8 would be ideal..but he wanted a book, visual compedium.

I just sourced material and said use it as/where.

The magazine approach would of avoided a lot, but not all of the issues arisen since.

See you have the personal kickstarter experience i lack..

I've just used my Ebay experience not to trust anything without safe guards and expect others to look into something before pledging.

It's an awfully unpleasant experience not to get what you paid for.

Because you said there was no risk (top quote above) but there clearly is.

ultrasteve highlighted that you were wrong - and you were (accidentally) misleading people who "may not know how KS works" - because you clearly didn't know either - despite the Mastertronic saga - and YOU claimed that backer's money was safe: "There is nobody at risk of loosing any money, even i know that much about Crowd Funding projects." - your own words

I don't get your last paragraph - you've ONLY JUST grasped the concept after re-reading KS rules/FAQs - so Ultrasteve was right in alerting backers who (like you) may not have been aware of the risks.

it's a shame the "penny dropped" for you so late into the thread.

There's a risk with everything in life..period.

And no..as i had not backed the book , i had no need or desire to read anything on kickstarter per say.

It's when i am accused of misleading people about how kickstarter works , i will invest time into seeing how they set their stall out.

You put (accidently) misleading, Ultrasteve implied i was simply misleading people and that was never my case.

Having done that, i personally don't think the whole kickstarter concept is difficult to get my head around.

I don't see why you feel i am saying Ultrasteve was wrong to alert backers on Kickstarter, that's not what i said at all, it was wrong to imply there was any misleading being done on purpose by myself to backers.

What do you and Ultrasteve want me to say?

I wish i never touched the entire f#cking project with a barge pole?

Because that's where i am at.

That as a book project it's been a total cluster f#ck from the moment the Kickstarter campain began?

No argument here.

That like Fred_M, Chris Abbot etc..i want no association with it if it ever surfaces?

Guilty as charged.

Penny dropped long before today.

As soon as the admission went up cover art used without permission just because nothing heard from original owner..It was time to put clear blue water between myself and it.

At best try and explain to any backers reading what else might be in the book and what had been attempted to be included and why it did not make it.

Best thing for it at this stage is it does not fund.

Has a major revamp.

And what i actually said was:

In a matter of hours the entire chapter will be over.

There is nobody at risk of loosing any money, even i know that much about Crowd Funding projects.

If the backers are nervous they have time to pull out..it really is that black and white.

And i stand by that...

I'm not a religious person, so miracles are a bit beyond my scope and that's what it's going to take for this to fund.

Sure it's had a spike. .but it's way short of target and based on backers per day since campain started..It is not going to fund, no money has been taken..No money will be taken.

Backers still have chance to pull out and cancel pledges.

Just as contributors are asking for their content to be removed here and now.

Had money been transfered..much bigger question of it being refunded...then your into Mastertronic Archives arena and that's some very real sh#t.

Edited by Lost Dragon

@Lost Dragon - I'm indifferent to most of what you've posted, but I can't understand why you can't see the risk. Neither of us know whether or not this will be a Mastertronic Archives or not, but that's the point. There is risk already, and plenty of it, that's why Kickstarter exists. Saying that until it's funded there's no problem is true, but only in as much that by then it's too late as people will not get their money back if no book arrives. There is still an inherent risk, very definitely not no risk. There is only no risk if the project doesn't fund, so you are misleading people who may not really know how Kickstarter works.

It's when i am accused of misleading people about how kickstarter works , i will invest time into seeing how they set their stall out.

Having done that, i personally don't think the whole kickstarter concept is difficult to get my head around.

I don't see why you feel i am saying Ultrasteve was wrong to alert backers on Kickstarter, that's not what i said at all, it was wrong to imply there was any misleading being done on purpose by myself to backers.

but you did mislead people (albeit accidentally) - see above: so why say there is no risk, if you now say there is risk with everything in life. you contradict yourself.

you claimed you fully understood the crowd funding concepts - see above : well you clearly didn't understand funding projects at all - until you (very recently) bothered to read KS FAQs .

I didn't ever say "you said Ultrasteve was wrong to alert backers" - where have I said that? I haven't.

But let's be clear: whether intentional (or not) your comments could seriously have mislead people into thinking their money was safe. without Ultrasteve's comments, they may still be deluding themselves/assuming all is hunky dory.

Edited by Guest

@Lost Dragon. Brenski has summed this up perfectly, but I'll respond too since you were directing it at me.

It really seems as easy as if you have doubts, do not pledge...If you do pledge and you loose your money, very sorry, but we (kickstarter) did tell you it was a risk and we won't be doing anything of worth to get your money back.

The claim i was misleading folk did not sit well.

By your own admission you have very little Kickstarter experience, and now you've looked into it you see it's exactly as I said it was. Your words: "So it's a huge risk, with zero guarantees in place.". That's what I've been saying all along. I said you were misleading people by saying there was no risk, which you were because you didn't know the rules. Only then did you bother to look into Kickstarter's terms and now your opinion has changed. You were much happier to jump on me and take that one word personally than you were to read up on it first.

"wrong to imply there was any misleading being done on purpose by myself to backers"

I didn't imply anything of the sort. If you inferred that I was saying you were misleading people on purpose that's not down to me. You said there was no risk, and people should only be concerned if it funded and the book didn't arrive. Many people could infer that there would be recourse available to them in that case. I said that was misleading (and you were the one doing the misleading) because at that point it is too late.

I leave reviews on Amazon.Co.UK of books i have paid for..do i honestly believe those reviews are going to influence people's purchasing decisions? Hell no..

Based on what Greyfox has put forward do i honestly think this thread with all it's valid concerns overy the project has had any impact on it?

The numbers strongly suggest not.

If it had, i was expecting people to be pulling out in droves, instead it's gone up.

I'm not an E celb or person of influence..i am not out there on Twitter or FB or YT or even on this limited forum saying..hey back this book..i have, it's great.

So please don't overplay my role as this person of influence.

No Steve...

By my own admission from day 1, i have zero kickstarter experience, made clear it's not for myself and why.

But i haven't been the person using just 1 of all the countless kickstarter projects out there dealing with Retro, acting like the kickstarter sheriff.

It's only because the likes of yourself constantly kept going on about the issue of the books cover i looked into what Kickstarter even explains to people.

If you want to strip the risk down to the nuts and bolts..

Ok then so let's say book funds.. (unlikely) and Greyfox comes back to amaze us all and he now has permission to use the original art or he's done a replacement cover.

Hell lets go further still and funding reached after he makes this clear with campain still funding, say 48 hrs left to run, so Kickstarter terms complied with.

Money gets transfered to Greyfox and his choice of printing firm goes under..

He himself is taken ill...

Plausible scenarios and the latter has been suggested for the Mastertronic Archives guy...

What happens then?

No book...

Should those risks of been made clear to the what? 600+ backers who would of been responsible for the book reaching target?

I could turn around at this point and now question your involvement with this project.

As i said earlier if you are the Steve Green that alerted Chris Abbot earlier today, what's your connection to Chris?

Why did you feel the need to contact him?.

Did you assume i wouldn't do that?.

I've known Chris since the original BIT:live and pride his friendship over anyones personal kick projects.

For a mere observer you seen very interested in this project.

Edited by Lost Dragon

As Chris Abbot has just replied to my email and understandably now wants his name and content removed from the book project if it funds or is relaunched.

Greyfox if you are reading please do as Chris asks, thank you.

I have sent both a PM and a Facebook message (which he has replied to), because he expressed that he has difficulties with his broadband connection. I advise you to do something like this, as your request is not really standing out in this huge lot of posts ;)

• Like 1

I have sent both a PM and a Facebook message (which he has replied to), because he expressed that he has difficulties with his broadband connection. I advise you to do something like this, as your request is not really standing out in this huge lot of posts ;)

Mate..

I live in a rural part of the UK.

Our Broadband is up and down like a whores drawers at best of times.

When it goes down i switch to Mobile Broadband and i use a Pay As you Go phone

I'm not the one running a kickstarter campain..he is.

I'm just the idiot taking shit over his handling of it.

I will PM him from here but if he's cut ties with the forum..he's unlikely to read that either.

No Steve...

By my own admission from day 1, i have zero kickstarter experience, made clear it's not for myself and why.

But i haven't been the person using just 1 of all the countless kickstarter projects out there dealing with Retro, acting like the kickstarter sheriff.

It's only because the likes of yourself constantly kept going on about the issue of the books cover i looked into what Kickstarter even explains to people.

from day 1? i don't think so. if you were always open about knowing nothing about kickstarter, then why did you state as above?

that's clearly a claim that YOU KNEW there was no risk.

you can't re-write your claims - when they're all evident for all to see.

you got something wildly wrong, please just admit it and move on.

Edited by Guest

People can read into posts of mine what they want, they aren't written in blood or etched in stone tablets.

Putting words up in lovely colours in replies will change nothing.

If someone makes the choice to make a pledge it is their responsibility to weigh the options up.

Risk exists in all aspects of life, cannot move in my professional life for risk assessments as it is.

People are acting like they have a personal attachment to this project when they don't. .

The only person who should be responding is the person who is asking for others money..GREYFOX.

Take it up with him on FB..

Or raise it on Kickstarter.

Atari Age is not the greater community, fact the wretched book has reached the number of backers it has proves that.

People can read into posts of mine what they want, they aren't written in blood or etched in stone tablets.

Putting words up in lovely colours in replies will change nothing.

wow. just wow. you can't distance yourself from your own comments just like that.

those "lovely colours" were quotes of your words - where you claimed there was no risk at all

- which is wholly irresponsible of you.

your points are like some moth aimlessly fluttering from lightbulb to lightbulb - without any idea of what you're doing once you get there.

now, like others who tried (unsuccessfully) to reason with you, I'm out of this.

Edited by Guest

Hello everybody,

I'm at work at the moment and will reply to everything that has been passed here and try to explain what's been happening and what's going to happen.

Thanks.

Darren.

As i said earlier if you are the Steve Green that alerted Chris Abbot earlier today, what's your connection to Chris?

Why did you feel the need to contact him?.

Did you assume i wouldn't do that?.

I've known Chris since the original BIT:live and pride his friendship over anyones personal kick projects.

For a mere observer you seen very interested in this project.

I think it is not very nice to state someone's real name.... We also don't know who "Lost Dragon" is....

I know Ulstrasteve for years and he is absolutely no person who is actively influencing other people. I think it is not nice to suggest such a thing, I think you are making this too personal. AFAIK Steve and Chris are very good friends for many years. I think it is not weird that when two friends are talking that this book can be part of their discussion, especially when you see this thread. I don't think it has anything to do with your question "Did you assume i wouldn't do that?"

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

As with the majority of you in the dark on this, I need to come forward with what has been ongoing here in regards to the imagery of the book both presented at the beginning of this thread will not be the final presentation of the book as I've stated in my previous post and have seen this in an attempt to keep the coals burning on this matter. I will be making the announcement of the cover change at my discretion and to my backers in due course which is of no concern to any of you at this time that are not backers of the project nor will I be subjected to any further ridicule on a public forum by stance of individual opinion to which has now been a massive regret for coming to Atari Age with an Atari related project or be obligated to explain myself in this manner unless you are a backer of the project which will receive further information within the updates for "Backers Only", the remainder of this imagery that has been presented in the animated Gif posted yesterday is what the Kickstarter marketing imagery has been up until it finishes to avoid

1. Confusion to why the imagery will be changed, which it will I can guarantee will happen and detailed explanation given in due course. The marketing is as it stands won't change until the book is either funded or cancelled by me. So nobody here calls the shots. I do..thanks

2. From what has been raised here with a concern of the problems faced with the book via a collective of people here has been reworked in explanation to what I will do is my decision going forward, again this will not be posted here as my obligation is to the backers in this matter not to Atari Age members.

I have managed to approach the author once more and that actual publisher of the book permission granted as a homage to their product and Atari art style in general or this will be declined for permission. This is not obtainable as I've now sent about 6-7 emails to them from my workplace so assuming that emails are dead or these people are the imagery is been changed and the decision made regardless of the outcome a new book cover will be, thanks to the people here that have called it out for what it is. This will and has had zero impact on the project or its funding, I've admitted my wrongdoings and have take steps to ensure that this is all addressed and I am not obligated to showcase this imagery here other than to my backers in due course. You'll just have to wait and see what happens, won't you?

So before the majority of you begin stirring it up from what you have read above, have at least some factual presentation to what you're trying to influence here, thank you. If you had or any of you have contacted me (Fred_M has) I could have explained this to you rather than presenting it in a convoluted manner to the extent that it has completely derailed the purpose of the thread and people taking their own assumption of potential outcomes that couldn't be further from what it actually happening. Also I have tried to contact Lost Dragon via email to which it was bounced back and have attempted to PM him here to address our issues to which he now washes his hands of the entire project thanks to way things have taken place here and I don't blame him for this, I would have done the same. But thank Lost Dragon, your request has been taken on board and apologises to you for the way you've been possibly treated here at Atari Age, you've brought many radical and informative research to the Atari Community to which I'm sure many are in your debt, I included.

@Fred_M : your above post of further investigative ridicule is a wasted one, as I've stated in previous posts these are preview pages to which content has been placed to signature written content and is there for placement purpose of body of text, Wikipedia and interview material are placement during research purposes and have been completely rewritten , but I'll give you this, you have an eye for this detail , you should consider becoming a private investigator. Kudos.

So with that, I have to now draw a final line under this thread and any further projects will not be promoted at Atari Age as I feel that this project has taken a proper thrashing, which I guess goes with the territory on all things where applicable. I wish to thank those that have had faith that I will honour this project with everything that has been mentioned be corrected, I don't wish for any ill feelings towards anyone here, you've kept me on my toes I'll give you all that. I strive to make something that people will enjoy and everyone that are fans of this great machine continue to do so. I will be no longer posting to this thread, even though I've been dragged back into doing so. This will be my final stand, if you all wish or care to find out what happens next, it will be elsewhere.

Thank you.
Darren.

• Like 1

I will end my involvement with politely suggesting Fred_M does not try his hand at being a private investigator, as if after over 5 years of supporting the likes of:

Pro Atari Magazine

2 volumes of ST Gamer Magazine

Unseen64 website and book

Atari Gamer Magazine.

Scott Stilphen website

GTW

Core Design Website

Atarimania

Classic Console Magazine..

All of which use my real name and i have put links up for when using research supplied to them on here..

I'm really not sure who the "We" he refers to is.

Not that it's of any importance, when i first joined here, ironically as part of an earlier Greyfox production, Atari Gamer magazine and started updating that nonsense Lost Jaguar games thread with credible sourced information, not magazine claims people had copied and pasted, people accused me of being a banned member who now must not be named.

@Greyfox:Yep, your emails will bounce as if they were made of rubber.

I joined the project thinking you could turn this into something really special and it turned into an utter nightmare.

The proverbial slings and arrows on here are water off a ducks back.

My only real regret was sticking around the Atari community as long as i have.

I would hope Frank Gasking get treated better than you have when the time comes as his project covers the Lynx which i had a minor role in (just forwarding on documents from Scott) and the Jaguar.

He's taking his life in his hands with the latter.

Do what you will with my submissions Greyfox..

As a parting gift as this is your mess you can contact those i interviewed on your behalf if you feel the need.

To the person reading who i have been assisting with Akira on the SNES on here:

Apologies but your last pm to me will go unread.

Best of luck with your search.

Message ends.

• Like 1

@Fred_M : your above post of further investigative ridicule is a wasted one, as I've stated in previous posts these are preview pages to which content has been placed to signature written content and is there for placement purpose of body of text, Wikipedia and interview material are placement during research purposes and have been completely rewritten , but I'll give you this, you have an eye for this detail , you should consider becoming a private investigator. Kudos.

Thank you.

Darren.

or instead of making your usual "that page/image/text is not as it appears" statement , you could've simply posted an actual scan of the final Synapse Page showing this to be the case.

that would certainly subdue the doubters.