IGNORED

1E78 demo for PAL released at Revision

Heaven/TQA

Demo presented at Revision 2019 in Oldschool Demo Competition.
Code by Heaven and Probe
Graphics by Bokanoid and Alien
Music on the TIA chip by Triace
This world first (?) full scene release for the Atari 7800 gaming console on a standard 128kb gaming cart with additional 16kb RAM.

https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=81011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Cxe82Hlpg

desire_1E78_demo_for_Atari_7800.zip

post-528-0-50170700-1555811977.png

• Like 11

It works on real hardware and a700. Have seen that on mednafen and others... so might be not my problem ;)

Definitely, not your problem. :)

Love it. On my emulator (retroarch), it plays the music but the graphics stop at about 1:25 in for some reason. I was using the .a78 version...

Retroarch leverages the ProSystem emulator for Atari 7800 emulation.

The ProSystem emulator is known to have compatibility and timing issues, unfortunately.

Guessing this isn't signed for NTSC ehh? I can get it loaded up onto my Mateos no problem and in fact the format for it is already there in .SGR format, but I just scrambled lines no matter what cables or OS I use to copy it over. So...I'm guessing it doesn't have the encryption key programmed into it for NTSC?

UPDATE: I feel silly since it clearly states in the title PAL release, so that would answer my question. Youtube it is for checking it out then.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Yeah no encryption as it speeded up the iteration time when assembling the project. I read that PAL had no check.... ;)

Correct the file signing is only required by NTSC versions of the 7800. I could break out my DevOS modded 7800, but it is RF only as it is my original childhood 7800 and I've never wanted to go crazy with the modifications on it. The DevOS bios was crazy enough but easily reversible and don't change the overall look of the console at all. But that bios skips the encryption so it could likely have worked on that one.