IGNORED

Replacement power supply for 600XL

jowi

I bought a stock 5V/3A power supply, cut off the connector, and replaced the connector with the 7pins DIN plug, and soldered the 5V and ground according to the schematic...

First i measured the existing DIN plug to see if the schematic was correct (which it was). Also measured the new power supply, all ok.

But... once i plug in the new power supply... nothing. 600XL won't power on... what am i missing?

post-66363-0-67550600-1555848558_thumb.png

Edited by jowi

Um, that schematic is for a video DIN (which doesnt even exist on NTSC 600XLs).

Eeeh no? The upper left part, where it say's POWER ON, and where the different 5V are distributed... Or am i really that stupid?

Eeeh no? The upper left part, where it say's POWER ON, and where the different 5V are distributed... Or am i really that stupid?

Nope, I was incorrect. I was distracted by the fact that 80% of that schematic is for A/V components. Gah, I hate the Sobola schematics. So poorly organized ...

Anyway, as Rybags said, you really only need one ground and one +5V pin to power the machine. Additional pins just ensure better contact really.

That said, are you sure you have the orientation of the DIN correct? Is the schematic from the pin side or the solder side of the jack, for instance?

Oh damn i must be getting dementia or something. Even though i measured everything twice, i did manage to switch GND and 5V on the DIN plug... so stupid. Anyway, it works now :)

Edited by jowi
  • Like 3