tripletopper

First Aid technique for cleaning jittery Astrocade paddles

Here’s a way to lazily with only fussing around with the outer casing of the Astrocade controller:

I’m liking to this because the technique is all the same. Make sure you read my (aka TripleTopper’s) post because most of of the other people overcomplicate things, by using needle nose plyers and further disassembling stuff when only one step of disassembly is needed

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/6932-jittery-paddles/?hl=%2Bpotentiometers+%2Bfixed&do=findComment&comment=64322

I think I can make it even one step lazier method.

1. Press the joystick on any diagonal.

2. Pour isopropylhol down the joystick shaft inside the hole that’s exposed at the opposite diagona t where you’re pressing.

3. Center joystick (let do diagonal) , then repeatedly turn the knob all the way quickly back and forth 10 times or until any scraping noises are no longer heard.

4. invert controler to dump out alcohol, and play.

Here’s a way to lazily with only fussing around with the outer casing of the Astrocade controller:

This sounds like it will work in a pinch. Thanks for posting this message.

Adam

Glad you like @ballyalley

By the way, did you read the link to the first one, or are you commenting on the zero-tool method on this forum?

By the way it’s not 100% effective. If there’s something deeper or more fundamentally wrong this won’t fix it. But if it’s just everyday wear, this will smooth out the rough spots in the paddle.

That’s why I call it "First Aid" Take the least drastic step. You do not do open heart surgery for a paper cut.