IGNORED

My KLAX review is up!

gorfcadet

Happy Monday guys and gals. So my question is this: What is the easiest way to get a repro of this game in 2019? Would Al throw one together via the custom cart option in the shop? I'd like to have one that matches my other carts in the collection. Love this game. I just wish more 7800 titles had been this solid sooner to get that retail toehold.

I think this and Tengen's Tetris would have been big adds to the 7800 lineup. Toki is still my darkhorse favorite. I hope I get to play that one someday.

Feedback or feelings about KLAX?

• Like 2

Even in the 1990s, I didn't have time for KLAX. :)

For whatever reason, this game just never appealed to me. I think part of it is that it feels like you're working with such a small part of the screen, while so much of it is devoted to the conveyor belt. I realize that it's important to be able to see what pieces are coming, but having so much of the screen not be interactive turned me off to this game.

• Like 2

I believe Good Deal Games has had this game advertised for years:

http://gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%207800.html

...and yeah, I think it's a decent enough game. Just that the difficulty ramps up real quick, resulting in fairly short sessions. And unlike stuff like Tetris, Dr. Mario and Columns, never really felt compelled to spend too much time getting better at it. So many other puzzle games to play, Klax has always ranked fairly low in a lineup to me.

• Like 2

What I know is Albert let the Atariage community know back in 2002 about ResQSoft Productions selling Atari 7800 Reproductions of Klax and Sentinel.

I think ResQSoft Productions no longer sells either game, but Good Deal Games does.

I think Good Deal Games first sold Klax in 2009 or 2010. Good Deal Games have to be on their 2nd or 3rd run of Klax at least. I got my copy of Klax from Good Deal Games at the 2018 Midwest Gaming classic along with a copy of Plutos, and Sirius.

The 7800 version of Klax is a good version of the game.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 2