IGNORED

Xump for Atari Lynx Release

Nop90

post-66453-0-00511500-1556005237.gif

Xump - The Final Run is a simple multi-platform puzzler by Retroguru. Initially released by Psilocybin Development in 2005 the game has been improved in almost every aspect you can imagine. New graphics, new levels, new music, new options, new everything...

Help Holger to clean up deserted space fields. As this is a very dangerous task for a human being a headbot named Xump will be the one who has to suffer.

Your main task is to clean all dissolving tiles on several single-screen levels by simply stepping on them, one by one. Few fields are secured with mines and need a double tap. Mines can be blown up when passing by or disarmed by Xump when staying on this specific field for a short moment. Certainly the mission sounds easier than it will be.

Atari Lynx Port

I started studying the Lynx toolchain in November 2018 with the idea to port this game to Lynx fashinated by the idea to have a lot of challenges to face, like dealing with a lower resolution then the standard one of Retroguru games, or not haveing modplug support for the background tunes. It was a fantastic journey in retrocoding and now I'm in love of Atari Lynx (more than 3DS that was the system that make me return on coding after several years of pause).

I did my best to make a game that coud have compete with some of the comercial releases of the Lynx Age. Could have been better? Maybe yes, but not with so few time (6502 ASM is the next frontier).

Retroguru games are always in continue refining, so if you havesome hints to make the game better let me know... but don't wait too much or your iprovement suggestions could miss a possible phisical release of the game.

Last version of the game is downloadable from Retroguru site: https://www.retroguru.com/xump/

I'll post here if there are updates to the release.

Controls

UP = UP BUTTON
DOWN = DOWN BUTTON
LEFT = LEFT BUTTON
RIGHT = RIGHT BUTTON
SELECT = A BUTTON
PAUSE = PAUSE BUTTON
MUTE/UNMUTE MUSIC = OPT1
ROTATE SCREEN = PAUSE + OPT1
RESET GAME = PAUSE + OPT2
RESET HIGHSCORES = OPT1 + OPT2

How to use the lnx file

Xump for Atari Lynx can be played on a real Atari Lynx writing an EEPROM Lynx cart of at least 256 KB with the xump.lnx file (removing the starting 64 bytes header), or using a RetroHD SD cart.

It can also be played on Lynx emulators, but most emulators will have sound issues.

The game saves higscores and the last level played if a Lynx cart with an extra 128 bytes EEPROM chip is in use. Emulators need to support EEPROM emulation.

To enable saves on a RetroHQ SD cart, a file named xump.sav of 128 bytes must be created on the SD in the /saves/ folder (the content of the file is not important and will be overwritten at first use). You can find attached a zip file with a save file ready to use.

Screenshots

post-66453-0-12383300-1556005190.png post-66453-0-86843100-1556005198.png

post-66453-0-51262900-1556005215.png post-66453-0-54084800-1556005221.png

post-66453-0-05370500-1556005228.png

Xump_sav.zip

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

If you use my FlashCard you can read and save* the Highscore data and write again later if necessary.

*If 93C46 is assembled (some FlashCards use the 93C66 or 93C86, this chips are not compatible, anyway, only used but some coders and they know about this issue.).

Please note: if you use the FlashCard with PCB V1.104 it is not possible to read and write, but all of this FlashCards use the 93C46.

Edited by Lynxman
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I don't know if he's made an official announcement yet, but it's spotted in the wild at the @Songbird booth:

IMG_20191019_073452801.thumb.jpg.215ad29946c44d9bf1cef9325279f5c4.jpg

Same high-quality print stock as used with his other recent Lynx box print run.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
Sorry for the edits. I did the boxes and am easily-exicited by all of this. :D
  • Like 5

For the moment only the boxes and alpha version of the games at Carl's stand.

For both Xump and Biniax2 Carl made a great works spotting little thing to fix and asking improvements.

Right now only a couple of things are left before final release.

But I leave Carl to do the announcements and show the previews.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...