Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Round 14 Season 12

37.png41.jpg35.png

Game Information

Game Name: Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventures in the Park

Released by: Konami - CBS/Coleco 1984.

Settings: One player

CV HSC High Score: One player: 175,050 Northcoastgamer (3/2014 HSC7).

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/cpk%20adventures%20manual.pdf

Cabbage Path Kids: Adventures in the Park Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3

Score 5,000= +2, Score 10,000= +3, Score 25,000= +4, Score 50,000= +5, Score 100,000 and up = +7

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

Round Ends: Tuesday April 30th at Noon (PST) 3pm (EST)

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well. Season 12 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Final Adventures in the Park Scores

1)49,250 jblenkle +3 +4

2)43,350 Bmack36 +3 +4

3)41,050 DuggerVideoGames +3 +4

4)38,300 Ikrananka +3 +4

5)33,950 Downland1983 +3 +4

6)26,050 digress +3 +4

7)15,100 S.BAZ +3 +3

8)13,900 ed1475 +3 +3

9)12,700 roadrunner +3 +3

Round 14 Totals - Including Bonus Points

1){107} jblenkle

2) {95} Bmack36

3) {90} DuggerVideoGames

4) {85} Ikrananka

5) {76} Downland1983

6) {60} digress

7) {37} S.BAZ

8)  {34} ed1475

9) {32} roadrunner

Season Standings - Up to the end of Round 13

1)1341 Bmack36

2)  894 Ikrananka

3)  854 DuggerVideoGames

4)  666 Downland1983

5)  580 jblenkle

6)  485 ed1475

7)  467 darthkur

8)   446 Northcoastgamer

9)  414 S.BAZ

10)  344 digress

11)  245 sega_SHARK

12)  157 roadrunner

13)    55 bowlstir

14)    47 lawdawg710

15)    45 SpiceWare

16)      6 JEFF31

cabbage-patch-kids-adventures-in-the-park-1984.rom

I cannot get past the screen with the double high bouncing balls + snowflaks + a branch on the road

Instead of playing the game moving from left to right, try it the other way. On the screen you're describing if you immediately run left, ignoring what's going on around you, and just jump over the branch, you'll run under all of the snowflakes and will be ahead of the bouncing ball as you run.

BTW - I found this video on YT and all I can say is wow - I am in absolute awe of this person.

https://youtu.be/2-BA9ZJ5V0w

• Like 1

it did work but it doens't feel right going left. Is that a glitch?

Not a glitch at all - it's by design. For example, if you run right to left, when you get to the end of the stage where the Babyland wall is, you have to run to the far left to end the round. If you run through the round from left to right then at the wall you have to run to the far right to end the round. I'm convinced that this was intentional design seeing as the game detects, and reacts to, the direction you take.

Another example is if you lose a "life", Anna restarts that scene either on the left or right side depending upon the direction you entered the scene on.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

That's true , you do start on the correct edge of the screen. Why do the balls not reverse direction though. Anyways it works. I got past that screen. Good tip. I had no idea you could even go left and still be able to finish the level. I think I figured you would just never get to the last screen that way.

It's unusual that's for sure. My impression is that they intended for this to be up to the player to figure out which way works best for them to get through the scenes. The timing of the objects on the scene you had trouble with really does seem to indicate to me that they set them up to make it much easier moving right to left than the other way. I guess this is just another challenge of the game, figuring out the best direction to tackle each scene from.