IGNORED

Bad lag/glitching while playing 2 player Atari Karts?

sdamike

I finally got a copy of Atari Karts, but while playing 2 player split screen with my GF, there is some terrible lag like while we were both turning or there is alot of action. Im not sure if lag is the best way to describe it but there is some graphical glitches going on and major losses of detail everything just got blurry kind of. Like unplayable. Im assuming this isnt normal? I tried to find some youtube videos of 2 player footage and I only found one video, but in that video I didnt see any laggy / slowdown/blur at all and it was on a genuine system. Otherwise my jaguar hasn't had a problem playing anything at all, including some 2 player rebooteroids and burnout just a couple days ago. Just wondering, anyone else experience this, or is this game messed up? I will add that the box and manual appear to have gotten wet as some point, so not sure if the cart did too? I'd appreciate any input, thanks!

Is that being upscaled? if so, probably whatever is doing that.

Just thru a ossc, which has never given me any problems on anything I have ever thrown at it. Zero problems with any other jaguar games on the same system, neo geo, snes, genesis, 3do, saturn, etc..

Edited by sdamike

That video file doesn't even open or play on my iPad running the latest iOS. :(

But yeah, it's more than likely your converter. You're asking a lot of it, trying to keep up with the silky smooth frame rate, 16.8 million colors, 64-bitz and all. :grin:

Try hooking your Jaguar directly to the TV without the scan converter if you can, or better yet, try hooking it to a CRT TV or monitor...

Just thru a ossc, which has never given me any problems on anything I have ever thrown at it. Zero problems with any other jaguar games on the same system, neo geo, snes, genesis, 3do, saturn, etc..

Run it without and see if you still get the same lag

• Like 1

If you have your in game music on turn it off, that's what I did when I play in two player mode.

Just curious, did you do that because of lag or glitching?

In reply to Gummy Bear- Other than line mode and scan lines I haven't messed with anything on the ossc. I did also try another jag console and it made no difference.

Just curious, did you do that because of lag or glitching?

In reply to Gummy Bear- Other than line mode and scan lines I haven't messed with anything on the ossc. I did also try another jag console and it made no difference.

Most Jag games aren't optimized like they should be and they were rushed just to get them out the door, CF is the best example of this. Atari didn't treat there game developers with any respect to being with. :spidey: