IGNORED

Most Amazing Atari EVER

toddtmw

I'm pretty sure Jon (flashjazzcat) has installed U1MB, Rapidus, stereo POKEY and VBXE into the same machine before. I don't know if he's ever installed one of Mytek's TK-II PS/2 keyboard interfaces, however. The SIDE2 cart will work with any A8 machine - using it with an Ultimate 1MB installed only add more functionality (ATR support, for instance).

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Jon (flashjazzcat) has installed U1MB, Rapidus, stereo POKEY and VBXE into the same machine before. I don't know if he's ever installed one of Mytek's TK-II PS/2 keyboard interfaces, however. The SIDE2 cart will work with any A8 machine - using it with an Ultimate 1MB installed only add more functionality (ATR support, for instance).

Yep: I don't know what the target machine is (XL or XE), but U1MB, VBXE, Stereo POKEY, Rapidus and SIDE2 is completely doable (and done, several times here). Not sure about additional daughterboards, since space is getting pretty tight by the time that little lot's done. Mytek did design a Stereo POKEY board which connected straight to U1MB and included a PS/2 keyboard interface, etc, so that would kill two birds with one stone. I don't own a Covox and have never installed one.

SIO2BT. I don't know if the OS modified by Montezuma for Bluetooth support could be included in other multi-OS mods.

U1MB's PBI driver takes care of SIO2BT without the need for a patched OS (unless one is determined to use the device with a 400/800 OS, in which case a patched OS becomes useful, and you can keep same in an U1MB OS slot).

• Like 2

Mostly, I just dont want to have to run translator to run older titles.

Maybe Video61's "Translator Cart" might help? Since it is a plug-n-play cartridge, it at least cuts out the wait time that you have when loading a disk based translator program.

Edited by SS