IGNORED

The Volcano Fortress (TOD disk)

adamantyr

Hey all,

I recently purchased an original copy of "The Volcano Fortress" from Asgard software on eBay. The seller warned it was untested and as is. I mainly wanted the manual, so I thought it was a good risk.

Sadly, the disk is toast. It just comes back "not initialized" in DM1000.

Does anyone have digital copies of the TOD games that were on this disk they could send to me?

Thanks!

• Like 1

It looks like you had it on that disk! The original filename is TVF.

We first started getting new Doom games from a friend of mine who also had a TI. I can't be certain, but I believe that Volcano Fortress was one of the first games released, and it may have been a single, the only game on the disk.

The Doom Games compilations (I think there were three?) came later and had the Kmart game, the Doctor Who games (two of them), and so forth. I bought Doom Games 2, but the rest I got copies of from my friend, so they got all scattered about...

Why the sudden interest on my part? Because one of the final dungeons in my game will be "The Volcano Fortress". Possibly with some fellows named Behnke and Reiss wandering about... ;)

In the interests of sharing and making sure these games don't disappear forever, here is the disk image for Doom Games 2: DOOMGM2.DSK

• Like 4