IGNORED

Start the bidding !

Sigh - I loved finding this prior to it's outing here. Now the odds of me affording it are very slim. It's already almost to my limit! Hopefully it will say in our community here so we can glean all the knowledge we can from it.

Just wow! Didnt expect quite that much. I have a guess who didnt get it based on the bidder ids but not sure who swooped in at the last moment.

Looked like Cmart was in the running...not sure who the last guy was. (I could be wrong with that guess.)

Edited by BBWW

Just so folks know, I am not just collecting this kiosk hardware. It is also being studied. I've already been studying a different kiosk multiplexer thanks to someone who generously allowed me to do so one long weekend afternoon. Much has been learned from the first one and this new one should help fill in some details and perhaps show differences between the Pre-1982 version and the Post-1982 version.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Folks, what should we call these these things? I've been calling them one thing, but Papa Intellivision documentation loosely refers to them as "POP" (presumably Point Of Purchase). I figure now is a good opportunity to figure out a name for them.

Here are some I've seen:

• Kiosk Multiplexer
  • POPlexer
  • Kiosk Switcher
  • Multicart Switchbox
  • Mattel's Videoplexer
  • Like 1