IGNORED

Goin' Ape in XB - See screenshot on twitter

globeron

Hopefully KWHCoaster can post the XB listing here.

See.

https://twitter.com/KWHCoaster/status/1117165875063291904

Replying to @FlightDreamz @Arrayzable and 2 others

I did my own hybrid, "Goin' Ape" on the #TI994A using Extended Basic. Google actually found a screen capture! I haven't seen it in action since the late '80s.

• Like 2

Thanks!

Now the next question, if this one is compiled with XB256 to assembler it will run faster probably?

Not to be a nit-picker, but XB256 cannot compile anything. It is a package of assembly language subprograms that give much better access to the graphics built into the 9918. (256 characters can be defined plus 28 sprites that can use completely different patterns, etc.) XB256 programs run in Extended BASIC and have the same speed issues that XB does.

There is a compiler in XBGDP and I'm sure that's what you are referring to. I took a look at the Xb code and as usual, a few changes would need to be made:

Line 510 has AA*.625 That won't work because of the integer math.

In line 190 is DEF HIT(X)=PI/2-ATN(X) DEF is not supported. trig functions are not supported, and PI/2 is 1. So that line would need some reworking.

I would expect that there would be some other problem as well.

• Like 2

Maybe I was confused with this article: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258740-troubleshooting-xb256-compilera-sense-of-accomplishment/?hl=%2Bcompile+%2Bassembler&do=findComment&comment=3638399

I cannot remember exactly if it is compiling or not.

Harry Wilhelm's XB256 and his 256D Compiler to compile an Extended BASIC program.

but will try to look into: XBGDP

Maybe I was confused with this article: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258740-troubleshooting-xb256-compilera-sense-of-accomplishment/?hl=%2Bcompile+%2Bassembler&do=findComment&comment=3638399

I cannot remember exactly if it is compiling or not.

Harry Wilhelm's XB256 and his 256D Compiler to compile an Extended BASIC program.

but will try to look into: XBGDP

It's easy to conflate the two. Sinphaltimus was writing an XB program using XB256. He was then compiling that and running into some troubles.

You want to use the newest version which can be found in XB Game Developer's Package. There are lots of improvements. You will find it in the first post. And be sure to read the docs. Reading the docs is kind of like having a colonoscopy. It is very unpleasant, but sometimes you have to do it.

• Like 5