IGNORED

First Images of the Evercade - Retro Console Released

7800 2

I wasn't sure where to post this because it technically isn't a dedicated console. It will use cartridges. Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/first_images_of_cartridge-based_retro_console_the_evercade_revealed The first cart is a 20 game Atari game compilation. The reason I'm posting this here is that I saw that It has four 7800 games included! This is the first time 7800 games have been released in a more modern way than the Flashback one right?

Edited by 7800 2

Cartridges, Atari lineup. Weird. I wonder if it's going to be Europe only? AtGames has the Flashback portable in the US.

Here's the manufacturer's page.

http://evercade.co.uk/

"Yours to keep forever." Just like downloaded ROMs!

To answer your question, the very first Atari Flashback had 7800 games on it, albeit ports not emulation. Asteroids, Food Fight, Desert Falcon, Planet Smashers.

Looks like "Atari" is trying to push Ninja Golf a bit harder than ever before. They have a mobile game coming with the same name.

Here's the first "Evercade" cartridge. Maybe they're hoping for some brand confusion with Everdrive? In any case, those aren't gamer picks, and there's a ton of chaff in there. The paddle games will be unplayable.

post-2410-0-59737900-1556299378_thumb.jpeg

Comparisons to the Nintendo Switch are silly. Competition for this thing comes from the stuff on this list: https://obscurehandhelds.com/2019/04/a-round-up-of-currently-available-handhelds/

Whats funny is one of the label art Ive done many moons ago was Yars' ReturnXD

Done this poster art back in 2005 for the new game that was done by HSW,.

You are not alone. :roll:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/page-690?p=4265562&do=findComment&comment=4265562

Some potential here, but obviously the retro gaming market is becoming quite saturated. Still, if they can get a bunch of third party titles, especially those from the SMS, Genesis, SNES, and Turbo 16, it might have a shot. That being said, it is still a wait and see approach as you have to have a really good product now as companies are finding out. Sorta, kinda functioning products just won't cut it anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to some youtuber bark and promote this thing. And since the market is overcrowded, there really isn't a need here.

From their webpage, "EVERCADE WILL BE AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE AND PRE-ORDERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON." Key words are "WILL BE", so..just let me know when it actually becomes available at retail, then I will evaluate it and see if I need it.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 2

I see this like that comedic farce of the updated intellivision branded console trying to goad people in it with of all things an Earthworm Jim sequel. There's already too much out there as it is. Sony and MS have that front tight, Nintendo has their happy middle ground, and then the android and apple users have their microconsoles, tablets, and phone.

I just listened to some youtuber bark and promote this thing. And since the market is overcrowded, there really isn't a need here.

From their webpage, "EVERCADE WILL BE AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE AND PRE-ORDERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON." Key words are "WILL BE", so..just let me know when it actually becomes available at retail, then I will evaluate it and see if I need it.

I like how you complained about this at least twice but never gave the spammers the satisfaction of posting the link. Don't change!
  • Like 2

The reason I'm posting this here is that I saw that It has four 7800 games included! This is the first time 7800 games have been released in a more modern way than the Flashback one right?

You mean Atari SA finally acknowledged the existance of the 7800???? :-o

• 2 weeks later...

Some new stuff announced for this thing -- a set of Famicom games from Namco, some Interplay B-sides fronted by EarthWorm Jim, and another random smattering of Atari 2600 games.

I think it's a little cynical to split up the Atari games, personally. Especially for $20.

I forgot about Star Luster (Famicom first-person spaceship game) and will be looking for that to play in my own way.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/three_new_collections_announced_for_upcoming_retro_handheld_evercade

post-2410-0-94568200-1559054170_thumb.jpgpost-2410-0-06343200-1559054179_thumb.jpgpost-2410-0-76564600-1559054188_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I was able to sign up and just got my first confirmation email this morning, so it should be working. Im actually very interested in this device. There havent been a lot of physical classic compilations this console generation so having a dedicated device for these collections is very appealing to me. And having them on cartridges is just the gravy on the mashed potatoes!