IGNORED

Items maybe for trade?

xabin

After we get the working TI from Ksarul and confirm it's working (and check to see if we missed something with the old TI), I'm thinking of talking with my boyfriend about trading the duplicates of cartridges and other accessories we have, thanks to FarmerPotato (after testing to make sure they work, of course). I know for sure we have a duplicate tape datacorder (we found the old one at the old house, dunno if it works or not), a duplicate voice synthesizer, and a duplicate XB cartridge. The old TI, if it's still not working after our tests, we've already got a person willing to take off our hands, so yeah. I'll get back to you guys about this later, but for now, the items I mentioned are tentatively up for trade. We're not going to ask for much (no grom cartridge or anything), but maybe a few cassette-based games or the like.

• Like 1

We have to make clear: even if we test them and make sure they're working, some of these components we'll be offering (like the speech synthesizer) aren't in the greatest of shape, cosmetically. As an example, we have a duplicate pair of controllers, but the plug has been chewed by a dog, years ago, so if it works, then you might have to deal with that. If we do agree to trade these things, we will post up pictures of them, for full transparency, don't worry.

• Like 1

We've gotten a working TI, so this weekend, we'll be taking pictures of our duplicates and parts to put up here to see if anyone would like to trade for them. We're not asking for much; the main thing we're aiming for are some cassette-based games (especially the cassette for Tunnels of Doom).

• Like 2

ArcadeShopper are interested in our wares, but for those who are also interested, here's what we have:

One (1) off-brand datacorder that works with the TI-99/4A (black) w/cord.
One (1) TI Extended Basic cartridge (black)
One (1) set of original TI-99/4A controllers, the plug has been chewed by a dog a while back and hasn't been fixed. Works.
One (1) TI-99/4A voice synthesizer unit in poor shape; casing is scratched up and some of the connectors are rusty, works.
One (1) TI-99/4A console, non-working; has the original power supply and motherboard, but no video chip (the original one has a tooth snapped off while we were trying to fix it). Dunno which version of the keyboard we have; either has a non-registering I key, or the V and semicolon keys would occasional stick on it. For use as restoration project/parts.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that the mechanism for the datacorder we were going to get rid of isn't working. Dunno if it can be fixed, but don't feel that comfortable sending it out to anyone, unless they really need one and can get it working again.