IGNORED

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

rj1307

I actually shot this 2 weeks ago but for those that might have seen it already that are subbed to my channel. I wanted you to be aware that I've been in contact with Rafał and tested a new firmware that makes the preset programming and switching much easier. I've also documented the process in a new english manual that Rafał also had me do. Rafał should be releasing the new firmware soon but in the meantime, for another in depth look at the AgaCart and operations:

• Like 1

In the attachment a new version of the software and a new manual translated by a colleague - ^ Cro§Bow ^ -.
I have changed two things - now you can put any number of subdirectories and files with any extension on the SD card, the cartridge will see only those with the extension .lyx.
The second change involves a different operation of the quick start function, for details, please refer to the instructions.
To update the software, save the agacart.bin file to the SD card, start the console and wait for the letter "P" to stop flashing. There will also be two letters "EE" and this is the correct behavior. After the update, delete the software file from the SD card.

AgaCart.zip

2 hours ago, rj1307 said:

In the attachment a new version of the software and a new manual translated by a colleague - ^ Cro§Bow ^ -.
I have changed two things - now you can put any number of subdirectories and files with any extension on the SD card, the cartridge will see only those with the extension .lyx.
The second change involves a different operation of the quick start function, for details, please refer to the instructions.
To update the software, save the agacart.bin file to the SD card, start the console and wait for the letter "P" to stop flashing. There will also be two letters "EE" and this is the correct behavior. After the update, delete the software file from the SD card.

AgaCart.zip 824.65 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks Rafał,

The new firmware file needs to be on the root of the SD card and the flashing 'P' only flashed for maybe a second on my Lynx II. I did not get the EE status when I did it but it seems to have worked because the new method is described in the redone manual and works great on the 1-9 speed dial or preset games.

In looking at the manual, it appears to the be same version you initially sent to me to go over and edit? 

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

8 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

In looking at the manual, it appears to the be same version you initially sent to me to go over and edit? 

You're right, I sent the wrong file with the instructions, now it should be OK :)

AgaCart.zip

Edited by rj1307

5 hours ago, pixelperfect said:

Anyone had trouble with Batman Returns? My display always corrupts during the first level. I have a McWill LCD mod, so I'm not sure if its the LCD or cart causing the issues. Unfortunately I don't own a real copy of it to compare.

I have McWill and AGA, Batman Returns works completely fine for me from the AGA. I'm on a Lynx II.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, rj1307 said:

Hi, I wanted to present to you my version of the Lynx cartridge. The name and graphics on the sticker refer to my daughter Agata.

5cc3588000ca7145m.jpg 364f154f6ed32495m.jpg d39b691075bb14afm.jpg a9765c31fcbb9070m.jpg ad2b161d19dd82cdm.jpg 5dbb8071c082325fm.jpg d8ac21acbbc1af1bm.jpg 168286389d1e89f3m.jpg d07f9977ebd2b170m.jpg

Technical details

- support for SD and SDHC cards to 32GB in the micro standard,
- FAT16 and FAT32 files system support,
- software upgrade from the SD card level (bootloader),
- the ability to enable/disable verification of writing to the SRAM memory,
- operation using two buttons,

- support for up to 199 files (software restriction),

- game numbers, error codes and other information displayed on the display at the back of the cartridge,

- automatic memorising of the last used file number,
- 9 memory cells to memorising the most used or favorite games, the so-called speed dial,
- two modes of operation possible:

1. after starting the console, the last used game file is automatically read from the SD card and saved in SRAM,
2. after starting the console, cartridge waits for you to dial the number of the game and then it’s read from the SD card and saved in SRAM,

- .LYX file support in size 256kB and 512kB (128kB after convertion to 256kB),
- after loading the game the SD card is disconnected, to save energy,

- every time you start the console cartridge counts the number of files in the root directory of the SD card and it does not allow you to choose the bigger number than the actual number of files,

- the cartridge cover is a three-colored print from the 3D printer

I have more information in the instructions.

In about 2-3 weeks there will be approx. 15 units available, if anyone is interested, please ask for information in this post.

Cart cost: 220PLN/ 52EUR/ 45GBP, shipping 25PLN/ 5EUR/ 5GBP

Pre-order list:

1. im_reg - sent
2. akira666 - sent
3. gambler172 - sent
4. -^Cro§Bow^- - sent
5. Fadest - sent
6. bdoi - sent
7. bobandted - sent
8. Knud - sent
9. blainelocklair - sent
10. Machine
11. TrekMD - sent
12. ilmapo81 - sent
13. Jazzoff2000 - sent
14. Tidus79001 - sent
15. GadgetUK
16. slx - sent
17. ndary (2pcs) - sent
18. hb1981 - sent
19. SkydivinGirl - sent
20. haightc - sent
21. WildHairZero - sent
22. bhall408 - sent
23. famicomic - sent
24. duqtito81 - sent
25. modca - sent
26. gamecomposer - sent
27. fwfriend
28. ataristi - sent
29. Barral - sent
30. cowdog360 - sent
31. takaaki (2pcs) - sent
32. KevinMos3 - sent
33. fandenivoldsk - sent
34. frap - sent
35. arrowhead
36. Iwantgames:) - sent
37. swlovinist - sent
38. nyandeyanen - sent
39. Tab - sent
40. sdrake - sent
41. compil3r
42. johncena1973 - sent
43. Dreamersoy - sent
44. astorri
45. Zitruskeks - sent
46. terminator.as - sent
47. spidey_05 - sent
48. corgi1 - sent
49. Vyper68
50. mcclure911
51. Guitari
52. CrashEd
53. auricom - sent
54. Tindron - sent
55. power - sent
56. mxnschx - sent
57. AtariLogo87 - sent
58. Alonsan
59. Prometius
60. gambler172 - sent
61. drchizo - sent
62. jaildesigner - sent
63. djrodderz - sent
64. rocco - sent
65. saffron1
66. karri - sent
67. AKG - sent
68. 8bitman - sent
69. davidcalgary29 (2pcs)
70. Slumpwuffle - sent
71. Ataridoremi4 (2pcs)- sent
72. make_stair - sent
73. piedude67 - sent
74. addoni67 - sent
75. Snakebond - sent
76. Eric M - sent
77. Hokis808 - sent
78. FRK - sent
79. puppetmark - sent
80. AtomicFlounder - sent
81. davepyne - sent
82. Philsan - sent
83. atarimonster
84. jimmy - sent
85. Freakrk00kman - sent
86. Jawapower - sent
87. pixelperfect - sent
88. Splain - sent
89. rondede - sent
90. Bochum_Boy - sent
91. bigoreilles
92. FrankT - sent
93. zeddex
94. RickR - sent
95. Giant Bazooka (2pcs)
96. Spintatotale - sent
97. TXG/MNX
98. Widdershins - sent
99. jonwarby - sent
100. mario64 - sent
101. Retromills - sent
102. deepfb - sent
103. Retrogamer1983 - sent
104. Gandor
105. drchizo

Manual_en.pdf 2.94 MB · 215 downloads

please put me in the list!

On 7/22/2019 at 5:13 PM, power said:

I have McWill and AGA, Batman Returns works completely fine for me from the AGA. I'm on a Lynx II.

Thanks, got it. Must have been some oxide build up on the contacts, it is working properly now after popping it in and out a few times.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:54 PM, rj1307 said:

“In about 2-3 weeks there will be approx. 15 units available, if anyone is interested, please ask for information in this post.

Cart cost: 220PLN/ 52EUR/ 45GBP, shipping 25PLN/ 5EUR/ 5GBP”

Are these still coming and if not will there be more available?

thanks.

2 minutes ago, Guitari said:

I need to get back to the seller, who kindly emailed to say one is ready for me, or he's ready for payment. I am wondering why I need this if I have the Saint SD though if anyone is able to comment. 

The reasoning is the same as why does a girl need new shoes?

• Haha 2