IGNORED

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

rj1307

2 hours ago, karri said:

The reasoning is the same as why does a girl need new shoes?

But my SD cart isn't worn out..oh, a girl! 

That said, the SD cart is so easy and this looks complex with no visuals save for the lights on the cart. 

7 hours ago, Guitari said:

I need to get back to the seller, who kindly emailed to say one is ready for me, or he's ready for payment. I am wondering why I need this if I have the Saint SD though if anyone is able to comment. 

If you already have an SD cart, then you don't need an Agacart. Just like I don't need a sainT SD cart now that I have an Agacart. Because we can both play Lynx games off a microSD card. Maybe I misunderstand your question?

4 hours ago, Guitari said:

But my SD cart isn't worn out..oh, a girl! 

That said, the SD cart is so easy and this looks complex with no visuals save for the lights on the cart. 

I wouldn't say it is complex to use at all! You just have to look up, or know what the file number is for the game you want and press the buttons to match. Takes seconds to select the game you want to play and then you just wait on the cart to load the game contents to the SRAM and play. I don't have the Saint SD cart, but I've been told it does have a visual menu to select the game you want to play, and then it too has to load that game file into the SRAM of the cart to trick the Lynx into thinking that game card is loaded up. To me they work the same and just have a different interface. The buttons on the back are really easy to use and it just works for me.

• Like 1

Hi, Rafał. Can you add me to the list again? I bought from you before. This one is for my nephew's upcoming birthday, the kid also shares the same love for Atari consoles, especially the LYNX and 7800

Also, just let all you guys on here know that the cart i got 2 months ago. It works well without any issues. Highly recommended this awesome piece of work!

Edited by johncena1973

Received mine today and I confirm it is a fantastic item for the Lynx!

It is good to see many home-brews running on my real Lynx instead of Handy emulator!

At the moment, I am exploring its capabilities.

As so far I could see only the Agacart running inside the Lynx II, I plugged mine inside a Lynx I and it works perfectly:

RaB6

4EHI

I selected the game before to close the Lynx door and as the size of the Agacart is the same as a curved lip Lynx cartridge, the door closes without any problem.

p6Pr

and voila:

yFiw

It works fine, it is easy to use and it is nicely made: the cartridge itself but also the box: great job!

I am wondering if it is possible to display anything else than "Insert game" when turning the Lynx on?

I would prefer to see something like this to welcome you when turning on the Lynx with the Agacart inserted in:

9cgv

(drawing adapted from Matthias Domin's Robby game demo)

A tool that runs under Mac OS to convert any .LNX into LYX would be great as well (something if possible as easy to use than Jiffi for the Atari Jaguar)

I tried to add the demo of Robby on the micro SD card, renaming the file in 176.lyx (of course the file was in LYX format) but it doesn't work (I got the E message that means the file is not recognized)...

Will investigate tomorrow to try to understand what's wrong (possibly not the "256ko" format required????)

Edited by Felyx