IGNORED

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

rj1307

12 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

it's all good, I keep busting out questions, I ordered and paid mine just hasn't arrived yet or I'd already know these things and have tried it out. I saw a pic with a list and another without it, so it's good there is a list for sure!

there is a list on the SD Card (spreadsheet), copy it to say your phone and you'll be golden.

Anyone have this work on a Lynx II? It doesn't on mine. I've tried it on two lynx ii boards. Can't turn it on with this cart. It works only on my lynx 1. All my lynx are unmodified. 

I was told to refit but I've tried it many times already. 

All in all, it's great when it works on the first model lynx. 

Edited by arcanehacker

Works fine on my Lynx 2 that is McWill Modded, but I've also tested it with 3 other Lynx II units that have been through here for service over the past month or so.

This would be the second account of another owner not able to get the AgaCart to load up on a Lynx II? Wonder if we have some odd revision of the Lynx II out there?

2 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Works fine on my Lynx 2 that is McWill Modded, but I've also tested it with 3 other Lynx II units that have been through here for service over the past month or so.

This would be the second account of another owner not able to get the AgaCart to load up on a Lynx II? Wonder if we have some odd revision of the Lynx II out there?

But this previous case is related to power modification, while the arcanehacker colleague consoles are not modified. I am sending the second piece of the cartridge for testing, we will see if it changes anything.

I have another case of the cartridge not working, who will guess what modification in this console damaged the SRAM memory in AgaCart?

IMG_20190831_154418_1.jpg.3656f0e38f56bc63323aeee32e9796dd.thumb.jpg.cd899f1c48064559b4c5df764c050e93.jpg

Edited by rj1307

3 hours ago, rj1307 said:

But this previous case is related to power modification, while the arcanehacker colleague consoles are not modified. I am sending the second piece of the cartridge for testing, we will see if it changes anything.

I have another case of the cartridge not working, who will guess what modification in this console damaged the SRAM memory in AgaCart?

IMG_20190831_154418_1.jpg.3656f0e38f56bc63323aeee32e9796dd.thumb.jpg.cd899f1c48064559b4c5df764c050e93.jpg

Looks like this one has the BennVenn LCD installed but is also bypassing the normal power regulation.

I wanted to throw out some info for the seller on the Agacart. The package was sent as registered mail and needed a signature. I was gone for the exact 20 minutes when USPS tried to deliver Saturday and they put out an orange slip. I signed it and they still wouldn't redeliver Tuesday after the holiday. I was just on hold with USPS for over an hour and 20 minutes before getting someone on the line. They advised they do not deliver registered signature mail without someone present with and an ID to sign for it. So my only option is to take the slip and go to the post office and show my ID to get the item since I can't stay home all day to wait for them to randomly show up. 

Just as an FYI to the seller if possible for other people's orders don't make it a signature required item and this wont happen for those that work and can't be at home. I'd have had this thing Saturday if it weren't a signature item. This may oray not have happened to others but it is very frustrating not to be able to get this without having to be home to sign for it the way it was setup to arrive. 

UHATEIT,

If I sent a parcel without the required signature, it would be treated as unregistered, without a tracking number and without compensation in case of loss. Using another carrier would increase the price of the shipment several times.

power

Two games do not want to run on real equipment, I reported this to AtariGamer.

• Like 1

I get the benefits. USPS just sucks for sure. Unless I am able to sit at home and wait for them to show up with an ID to sign for it they won't drop it off so I have to go down to the post office after work to wait in line to get it. 

I'm excited for this thing especially to try out the new games from the 30th anniversary collection on real hardware

8 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

I get the benefits. USPS just sucks for sure. Unless I am able to sit at home and wait for them to show up with an ID to sign for it they won't drop it off so I have to go down to the post office after work to wait in line to get it. 

I'm excited for this thing especially to try out the new games from the 30th anniversary collection on real hardware

You must get off work early then. I also had to go to the PO to pick up mine when it arrived but I didn't mind. Again, from a security stand point it makes sense. I do the same on all systems that arrive to me for service if the return address is an apartment complex, I always put signature required to at least make sure it is just being left near the door in a complex where it would likely be lifted. 

As for me, my PO here closes at 5pm. So when I have to pick up something, I have to do it on my lunch hour or wait until Saturday. Not too big a deal as the PO is only about 2 miles from where I work.

Picked it up and it looks gorgeous, very well made, sorry for the hassle on the USPS thing, I was angry that they refused to redeliver it yet left me an orange tag to sign and put on my door, which I did and they still didn't deliver it.Only found out after 1:20 on hold with USPS that they wouldnt deliver it at all and I had to go get it at the PO.

Now that I got it setup and ready I DO have an issue and I wanted to confirm I will be doing the right steps. There are those 11 new Lynx games form the 30th Anniversary. When you download them they are all .lnx so I retitled them to .lyx and changed the number for the title. When I try to find them only 1 of them actually loads (LynxQuest) the rest all give me the "E" for error. I noticed every game that comes installed on the SD cart are all 256kb and some of the games form the 30th Anniversary are not 256kb. Am i doing anything wrong?

Right on. I tried to pad 1 and it doubled the size of it but didnt make it 256 but I will try again. What wa sodd is one of the 30th Anniversary games LynxQuest us actually 512KB but it works when loading but the rest all don't but come in random sizes (80kb, 24kb, 257kb, etc.) I have a Virtual Boy flash cart and it is the same way, all have to be padded, which is a simply drag and drop onto the padding icon and it changes the size to what is needed. I don;t think this one is as easy but I could be wrong.

Edited by UHATEIT

To convert a .lnx in .lyx you have first to remove the header of 64 bytes, than you have to pad the file to have a size of 256kbytes and finally change the extension.

@necrocia why don't you make a simple web script to publish on atarigamer to make the conversion onlne?

Anyway in the club of the competition is possible to find the converted and tested roms in lyx format.

Here is the link for 4Ttude for example:

8 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

To convert a .lnx in .lyx you have first to remove the header of 64 bytes, than you have to pad the file to have a size of 256kbytes and finally change the extension.

@necrocia why don't you make a simple web script to publish on atarigamer to make the conversion onlne?

Anyway in the club of the competition is possible to find the converted and tested roms in lyx format.

Here is the link for 4Ttude for example:

Awesome thank you! I am over there downloading all the converted ones. I'll likely figure out how to convert them as I have a Mortal Kombat 2 and a Xenophone with Unlimited Lifes Hacked and I want to put both of those on there too!