IGNORED

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

rj1307

2 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Yes, all the games on the AgaCart have to be 256k in size to work. If they are less than that, they have to be padded with zeros I believe to make them 256k in size. The AgaCart has docs detailing some ways to do this.

it will also accept 512k

5 hours ago, Nop90 said:

To convert a .lnx in .lyx you have first to remove the header of 64 bytes, than you have to pad the file to have a size of 256kbytes and finally change the extension.

@necrocia why don't you make a simple web script to publish on atarigamer to make the conversion onlne?

Anyway in the club of the competition is possible to find the converted and tested roms in lyx format.

Here is the link for 4Ttude for example:

Your wish is my command! I'll work on that on the weekend!

That one is a very simple header removal tool. It looks like to make some of these work on AgaCart more work is required than just removing the header. I'll update that tool in the programmer board package to do this too.

When changing 128k >> 256k using the Mateos tool, only the file converted by EPYX will work.

85a74bc113eb650dmed.png

Mateos describes this tool as follows:

"For 256 KB cartridges select Remove Header Only. In case it is a 128 KB file, select 128Kb –> 256Kb (EPYX/Mateos) as your best bet. Files smaller than 128KB should select the (BLL/Mateos) option or when the EPYX option didn’t work."

Edited by rj1307

9 hours ago, rj1307 said:

I upload here a .txt file with a description of what I did when converting each game. Of course, this can sometimes be done in several ways, but it can be helpful.

conversion.txt 621 B · 8 downloads

Awesome man I'll give that a shot! There was a converted Assembloids that just refused to run on my Lynx 1. It would get to the difficulty select screen then when you hit A to start the game the screen would go blank but could still hear the music and pieces moving but nothing on the screen. It was the conversion Felyx did in that thread. But all the other games worked. But I think you also PM'd me the already converted ones you did so I'll try those and see if the Assembloids worked.

There wa sa question on one of the other threads about the 256 vs 512 if that made any difference in gameplay, would that matter for Assembloids as it is a 256kb?

Just another mention on the Assembloids above, tried the converted rom from Rafal and it was the same situation as the one from Felyx. Loads to the difficulty select screen then after that screen goes blank but you can hear all the sounds and the game playing in the background but not see what's going on. Anyone else have that issue on real hardware?

I have no information regarding the AGA card and what it does or tries to do.

It sounds like a possible mis-detection of EEPROM/BANK1/AUDIN or anything related. Assuming EPYX or BLL loader by the conversion tool seems problematic as my loader is neither.

It works on Karri's PCBs as well as Bernd's Flashcard and the SaintSD. I am happy to cooperate with anyone responsible for the Aga.

Assembloids uses 128KB -> 512 Byte blocks, no audin/eeprom/bank1. All is indicated in my LNX header.

2 hours ago, enthusi said:

I have no information regarding the AGA card and what it does or tries to do.

It sounds like a possible mis-detection of EEPROM/BANK1/AUDIN or anything related. Assuming EPYX or BLL loader by the conversion tool seems problematic as my loader is neither.

It works on Karri's PCBs as well as Bernd's Flashcard and the SaintSD. I am happy to cooperate with anyone responsible for the Aga.

Assembloids uses 128KB -> 512 Byte blocks, no audin/eeprom/bank1. All is indicated in my LNX header.

It doesn't load after the difficulty select screen on my lynx 1. But it is 256kb and not 512kb not sure if that makes any difference. But I have a Lynx 2 set to arrive in the mail today so I'll try it there and report back. Otherwise all the other conversions work fine on the lynx 1!

1 hour ago, karri said:

Are you by any chance running an old version of Assembloids? There was a Lynx I flaw a week ago that enthusi fixed.

The one I have was initially the Felyx conversion from the thread and then tried the Rafal conversion he sent me in a PM which was all the 30th anniversary games converted for the agacart. Not sure which version exactly it is but it is 256kb and enthusi mentioned about 512kb but not sure if that size makes a difference. But when my Lynx 2 arrives it'll be the first one I try as all others work fine from the conversions he sent. 

Sorry I am the biggest pain with these!

23 minutes ago, enthusi said:

Good work.

Maybe the different non-working lyx files can be replaced?

But there will be updated versions of most games after this weekend anyway :)

Im definitely looking forward to the updated versions of all the games if it changes things. On Assembloids that's odd it did that on MY Lynx 1. I guess we will have to wait for the new conversions after this weekend. Also I think someone was working on an online conversion tool. I know it's not Lynx but I mentioned on the Virtual Boy Flash Cart I have they too need to be patched but you just drag the rom over the icon then it does the patching and created a new rom with the word "patch" in the title.

And I didnt even know an older version was around? It actually should not have, but well. The last version (working on Lynx I) was submitted before the 30 years page went online.

I tried to be pretty consistent with versioning and each version is given in the help screen (HOW = up in the menu).

Latest so far is 1.03 which is also the last submitted before compo deadline.

Currently I work on 1.04 which only has few cosmetic fixes.

The image below is just shot from a Lynx I with updated in-game gfx :)

lynxi.png

Edited by enthusi