IGNORED

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

rj1307

I will try and get hold of a schematic for the recom dc-dc mod from Mcwill if he has one? Please don’t let this put anyone off buying the Agacart, it really is a fantastic bit of kit, I’m sure this is just an issue with the power mod or fault on my Lynx. I will update when I get this resolved.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, atariftw said:

I’m interested in one card. :)

Edit;

just read the troubles with the mcwill screen, I have one modded lynx as well and can someone confirm if it’s a problem with those screens and this card? Thanks.

I can also confirm that McWill LCD upgrades work great with the AgaCart! I've done about 3 others aside from my own since the AgaCart was released and use the AgaCart to test them in fact (Makes it easy to switch games on the fly using the presets). But all of the Lynx systems I've installed a McWill or even the BennVenn kit, still have the original power circuit in place. I do refresh the components using the kits from Console5 but still the same power system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I can also confirm that McWill LCD upgrades work great with the AgaCart! I've done about 3 others aside from my own since the AgaCart was released and use the AgaCart to test them in fact (Makes it easy to switch games on the fly using the presets). But all of the Lynx systems I've installed a McWill or even the BennVenn kit, still have the original power circuit in place. I do refresh the components using the kits from Console5 but still the same power system.

Huge thanks! I’ve paid him now I just have to wait then. Super excited:)

On 2/23/2020 at 8:22 AM, Ben M said:

I will try and get hold of a schematic for the recom dc-dc mod from Mcwill if he has one? Please don’t let this put anyone off buying the Agacart, it really is a fantastic bit of kit, I’m sure this is just an issue with the power mod or fault on my Lynx. I will update when I get this resolved.

Just to update on this, Rafał was correct about the 5v mod being the issue. With his help I have returned my lynx to its original state with a new mosfet and Zenner diode and replaced the other parts removed for the mod. It now works perfectly with the Agacart! Thank you so much for all your help Rafał! 

Cartridges are available but, due to the outbreak of the coronavirus Poland has suspended shipments to all countries for now for a period of two weeks but it is not known what will happen next.  :(

I will inform you when everything is back to normal.