IGNORED

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

rj1307

2 hours ago, Lamer Deluxe tm said:

And here are my (Amiga) Boing, Boing 3D and No Game demos correctly converted for the AgaCart. They work properly on original Lynx displays, because they use the slowness of the display.

200.lyx 256 kB · 1 download 201.lyx 256 kB · 1 download 202.lyx 256 kB · 1 download

I still smile at R.J. Mical's reaction to the Boing demo. He just could not believe it run on a Lynx ;) 

DSC05715.JPG.d15e16aee27570321352feedb98c19a2.JPGDSC05712.JPG.0fea04e0c3e4b9a57a70067da4204901.JPG

6 hours ago, Lamer Deluxe tm said:

Would it be possible to start programming right away and then cancel if the user presses one of the buttons?

It won't speed up writing at all, it can even slow down. In the loop in which the writing is taking place, I would have to add a button handling procedure, which will take several Atmegi cycles. Write is done byte-by-byte, so with a 256kB file the loop is done 32768 times!

25 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

It won't speed up writing at all, it can even slow down. In the loop in which the writing is taking place, I would have to add a button handling procedure, which will take several Atmegi cycles. Write is done byte-by-byte, so with a 256kB file the loop is done 32768 times!

Ah, never mind then, I can see how that wouldn't help at all.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:07 AM, Lamer Deluxe tm said:

Ah, then Atari Gamer got it wrong: "Once updated the Lynx should turn off, if it doesn't then turn it off and back on again. The agacart.bin file should have been deleted from the SD card upon a successful update."

EDIT:I was just thinking, does it start loading the game from SD while you are selecting the number, or does that start when the display shows 'P'? If possible that might shave off a second or more off the loading time.

I was just going off what Rafal said - "To update the software, you need to burn the agacart.bin file to the SD card (the card does not have to be empty). After turning on the console, the letter "P" will flash several times and go out, then turn off the console and delete the file from the SD card."

I guess I misunderstood that, will update the article!

For anyone wanting to convert LNX files to LYX you can use the converter I made - https://atarigamer.com/lnx2lyx

10 hours ago, Igor said:

I was just going off what Rafal said - "To update the software, you need to burn the agacart.bin file to the SD card (the card does not have to be empty). After turning on the console, the letter "P" will flash several times and go out, then turn off the console and delete the file from the SD card."

I guess I misunderstood that, will update the article!

For anyone wanting to convert LNX files to LYX you can use the converter I made - https://atarigamer.com/lnx2lyx

No problem, I can understand how you could have misinterpreted that. I was just worried that the update was going wrong.

Hi Rafal,

I still love the Agacart and I use it a lot.

Is it possible to make an update to select a game with a menu from the Lynx screen?

Nadal kocham Agacart i bardzo go używam. Czy można dokonać aktualizacji, aby wybrać grę z menu na ekranie Lynx?

hello

i have an issue with my Agacart

I have installed the firmware V5 according the protocol. I got the "P" then the "EE". I removed the agacart.bin file.

but when trying the cart after, no game is launched. i can select a number but no"P" is appearing without loading.

Any help on this?

thank you

4 hours ago, Peyo said:

hello

i have an issue with my Agacart

I have installed the firmware V5 according the protocol. I got the "P" then the "EE". I removed the agacart.bin file.

but when trying the cart after, no game is launched. i can select a number but no"P" is appearing without loading.

Any help on this?

thank you

Hello

I try to lanch game again this afternoon but it is worse as no number appears now 

Is it possible that the cart is definitely crashed now?

Thank you 

Hello Rafal,

The cart is working again by applying the instructions in the manual :)

i don't think that the firmware v5 was installed as loading time is not improved. i have used a 2 Go micro SD (non HC), that's the most ancient card i have. Do you think my problem came with this and that is still not recommended to update the V5 with this type of SD ?

thank you

Record the file with version v5 as the only one on this card and insert into AgaCart, if "P" appears for a moment and then "EE", the update was successful.
It's best to check if you have the v5 version by increasing the number of games on the SD card to over two hundred, if it sees them it's OK.