IGNORED

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

rj1307

On 5/18/2020 at 10:09 PM, rj1307 said:

Record the file with version v5 as the only one on this card and insert into AgaCart, if "P" appears for a moment and then "EE", the update was successful.
It's best to check if you have the v5 version by increasing the number of games on the SD card to over two hundred, if it sees them it's OK.

Hello

Problem solved. It works.

Thank you 

On 4/19/2020 at 5:39 PM, rj1307 said:

Software update, downloadable from the attachment.

Changes in v4 version:
- improved support for newer SD cards
- double the speed of loading files
- improved button operation
- shortening the waiting time for programming after choosing a game

Changes in v5 version:
- increased number of supported files to 299, selecting a file above 199 extinguishes "1" and lights the upper segment at the position of hundreds of display. After this update you will need to re-program "speed dial" because the addresses in the memory will change.

To update the software, you need to burn the agacart.bin file to the SD card (the card does not have to be empty). After turning on the console, the letter "P" will flash several times and go out, then turn off the console and delete the file from the SD card.
If there is a problem with the update and there is no letter "P", use a different (older) SD card, or try another way - turn off the console and immediately turn it on again.

AgaCart.zip 15.67 kB · 64 downloads

Hello rj1307.

My configuration : Lynx2 with bennvenn lcd. Mains unit : 9v 1A or 1.25A.

Firstly, I can't do the update with the 16 mb SDHC class 10 delivered with the Agacart. I will buy another. What do you advise me between a 2gb Sd only or a 4gb SDHC class 4? 

Secondly, I think I have a troubleshoot with my configuration. Indeed, until then I thought it was normal but after research I must be the only one with this problem: Very often when I turn on my lynx, I have a clear screen without the message insert game. However if I wait for the last game tried works because I hear the sound of the latter. I often have to turn off and turn the console back on to get the message insert game on the screen and therefore see the game on the screen. I don't have any problems like this with my official games. What do you think about it? 

Edited by RadiATIon

@RadiATIonHave you tried turning off the console and turning it back on immediately? If so, do it several times, the update should succeed. If not, the 2GB card should work.
As for the rest of the question, try to move the cartridge to the left or right, as it looks at the wrong connection in the socket.

2 hours ago, rj1307 said:

@RadiATIonHave you tried turning off the console and turning it back on immediately? If so, do it several times, the update should succeed. If not, the 2GB card should work.
As for the rest of the question, try to move the cartridge to the left or right, as it looks at the wrong connection in the socket.

@rj1307, Yes I tried turning off the console and turning it back on immediately. I obtain the "P" message briefly but it wasn't flash several times. It just disappears. I'm waiting but nothing happens.

As for the rest, indeed when I move the cartridge to the left or right, it works better. But without move the cart, if I turn off and on immadiatly, sometimes I obtain the clear screen rather than the insert game message...

Edited by RadiATIon

On 5/31/2020 at 1:40 PM, RadiATIon said:

@rj1307, Yes I tried turning off the console and turning it back on immediately. I obtain the "P" message briefly but it wasn't flash several times. It just disappears. I'm waiting but nothing happens.

As for the rest, indeed when I move the cartridge to the left or right, it works better. But without move the cart, if I turn off and on immadiatly, sometimes I obtain the clear screen rather than the insert game message...

@rj1307, I tried an idea : I formatted in STD format (no speed format) the SDHC CARD delivered with the Agacart, I put only the agacart.bin firmware et now, It's done now : P and EE, that seems ok ! I've just tested with rom named 200 and 201 and all is ok !

Edited by RadiATIon
I've just tested with rom named 200 and 201

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rafal,

received my AgaCart today, in just 8 days from asking to be on the list to have it here: it’s AWESOME! Well made, with nice Ataristyle chest - fitting in my Lynx 1 just perfectly (which I was afraid of having problems with) and all roms were already there!! OMG, what a nice Cart, working so smooth - and that all for a very fair price! Thanks a lot! Everyone interested in Lynx Games should have one, and yes - Rafal is still shipping,

Greetings,

Ludorian

• Like 1