rj1307

"AgaCart" my version of the Atari Lynx SD cartridge

Is the cart still available? 
I Have just rediscovered my Lynx II collection after 16yrs in storage. Having seen on Atari Gamer website that there is a lot of talented developers that have created some interesting home brew games that I would love to experience. 
I live on the Isle of Man 🇮🇲 

Edited by Laxeybobby

1 hour ago, Nop90 said:

Agacart is great, but for modern homebrews it lacks the eeprom save support. Consider it before buying.

Thanks for the reply. Is there an alternative then that has the eprom save support? 

I got my AGACart about 3-4 weeks ago.

This card is just fantastic. It is very well processed. The small box is also super nice.

The quality is just amazing.

There is no problem with the file system at all, and that "only" 199 files are accessible.

I have my favorite games and some demos.

Thank you for the nice hardware.

Today I have finished the production of AgaCarts, they will no longer be available.
People who have paid and are waiting for shipping (power, ssmac, dougal22) of course have their cartridges guaranteed.
People who have confirmed their desire to buy (kevates, vitinillo) also have reserved cartridges.
If it turns out that I will have some redundant art, I will let you know.

• Sad 3

So glad I got one, and thanks again for all the help returning my lynx 5v mod back to stock. Couldn’t have done it without you. Still using the Agacart regularly and still loving it! 

35 minutes ago, Ben M said:

So glad I got one, and thanks again for all the help returning my lynx 5v mod back to stock. Couldn’t have done it without you. Still using the Agacart regularly and still loving it! 

What +5v mod was done your lynx that required putting it back to stock? I've not done any power modifications on any other than replacement of the original components when recapping them and installing McWill's/BennVenn kits into them? 

Thank you for your creation Rafal, it was more than a great cart, it was a piece of art, and I'll always be grateful that you made it and shared it with the community. I love my three (in different coloured boxes of course) and great for Link cable gaming 

Thank you Rafal for making such a wonderful piece of hardware.  I purchased two from you and they work great.  I am very pleased with the performance and their excellent construction.  I will enjoy these for many years to come.  Sad that you will not be making anymore.:_(

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

What +5v mod was done your lynx that required putting it back to stock? I've not done any power modifications on any other than replacement of the original components when recapping them and installing McWill's/BennVenn kits into them? 

I purchased my Mcwilled lynx 1 from eBay. It had the recom 5v mod, which worked fine With standard carts but not with Agacart. Rafal Helped me to return the lynx to stock and I also replaced the mosfet and zener. It all works perfectly now.

On 7/7/2020 at 12:48 AM, rj1307 said:

Today I have finished the production of AgaCarts, they will no longer be available.
People who have paid and are waiting for shipping (power, ssmac, dougal22) of course have their cartridges guaranteed.
People who have confirmed their desire to buy (kevates, vitinillo) also have reserved cartridges.
If it turns out that I will have some redundant art, I will let you know.

You made an incredible piece of kit for the Lynx, it will still be used for many more years to come. Thank you Rafal 👍

On 4/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, rj1307 said:

Software update, downloadable from the attachment.

Changes in v4 version:
- improved support for newer SD cards
- double the speed of loading files
- improved button operation
- shortening the waiting time for programming after choosing a game

Changes in v5 version:
- increased number of supported files to 299, selecting a file above 199 extinguishes "1" and lights the upper segment at the position of hundreds of display. After this update you will need to re-program "speed dial" because the addresses in the memory will change.

To update the software, you need to burn the agacart.bin file to the SD card (the card does not have to be empty). After turning on the console, the letter "P" will flash several times and go out, then turn off the console and delete the file from the SD card.
If there is a problem with the update and there is no letter "P", use a different (older) SD card, or try another way - turn off the console and immediately turn it on again.

AgaCart.zip 15.67 kB · 92 downloads

Great update and very easy to apply. Purchased a 2gb card, copied all of the files over and followed your instructions.👍

@Lamer Deluxe tmThanks for your test files.👍

@IgorThanks for your lnx to lyx converter.👍