IGNORED

My game thus far (Super Adventure)

This is just a preview of my version before I even knew about the Opcode version.

There are 3 other levels 2 others in the original as well as the Super Game Level which doubles the map, monsters, several new objects.

Monsters and most objects disabled.

I just wanted to show what I accomplished in two months between December last year and February.

One key is activated just for show and you can leave it anywhere in the entire world as well as every other object.

At this point I just wanted opinions.

Once completed the game is 100% free.

Test it on a real Colecovision if you dare and let me know results.

BTW

Code is already implemented but disabled so I could concentrate on one set of objects at a time.
Level select and Title is also disabled but you can move around the entire level one map to get a feel.

As far as the BG color, I tried Grey like the original but it was too loud so I tried blue.

Project HERO 5.rom

Edited by Mike Harris
  • Like 1

Hi,

looks like a nice representaion of atari adventure.

they screens seem to be in the right order

screen flipping happens quickly

the character bounces similarily

i could pick up the key and drop it.

a few quick bugs

- i keep getting stuck inside walls in the maze and basically everywhwere

- 50% of the time when I leave a a screen the screen doesn't change but stays on the same screen. Probably need to check for the boundary earlier. I usually uses <5 or > 240

Good start!

20 downloads, comments, bugs found in the map?

If I knew how to start a blog with code I am interested but I seen no editor or anything in my blog area.

Question...
Is this on an Emulator if so which one or on a real Colecovision.

Stuck in walls is an offset problem which I am working on due to mapping the sprite to the background tiles.

Diagonal movement works but that does not go through the collision detection as of yet.

Thanks for noticing the bounce.
The character also changes color per room as well.

Edited by Mike Harris

Another thing.

If i come from the room under the first castle , and go back to castle but just one step (just enough to make appear the castle) then go back , you can not. You are stuck... you have to go up , then down again to be able to go back to the previous room.

You sound like you were stuck in the blue wall as a blue square.

I hate to press you but was this on a real Coleco or ADAM?

I have found that every emulator I use yields different results.

Oddly enough, despite the actual size of the game at Super Game Level I am only using 98 bytes of the full 1k with 60 rooms.

My mapping system can currently use up to 255 rooms but who wants Adventure with that much traveling.

Once I get the offset and Castle issue solved I will release an update with the other objects engaged.

The Super Game so far has 6 Castles, 6 Dragons, 6 keys, 3 Bats, 4 Treasures, Bridge, Magnet and Sword.
The Super Game Level will also have slightly better textures.

Despite being a free game I want it to be polished.

But for now break it as much as you can but I really do need to know what emulator, if it runs on actual equipment as how well everyone likes the colors because some things from the A2600 you can't do on a Coleco.

If there is a color scheme on a real television that is pleasing to peoples eye's then I would love some input on that.

Thanks people for your input.

Edited by Mike Harris

• 2 weeks later...