IGNORED

2-player M.U.L.E. on XL/XE?

slx

I tried to play M.U.L.E. with 2 human players against two computer players on a 65XE but did not get the second joystick to work. With the Multijoy version it's pretty obvious that it won't work without a Multijoy attached, but the version I downloaded from Atarimania behaved the same.

Is there a known "good" version that is patched to run on XL/XEs but does not require a Multijoy?

Thanks!

if you have a set of paddles it might be worth a retry.

i know you can play 3-player using 1x joystick and both paddles (the joystick is shared for map activity)

this site is great for game files: http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=M its a one-stop-shop that is regularly updated. it lists 2 versions so hopefully at least one will be suitable!

I (we) usually play 2 player MULE vs 2 Mechtrons - I think there is a slight glitch (maybe ok on the 800 itself) so I always press fire on the 2nd stick first to make sure it registers :)

The problem is the OS. Automatically the registers of port #2 and #3 get the values of port #0 and #1 - this costs just a hek of a second. Mule sometimes "detects" that port #3 is used instead of port #1 at the selection. Later in the game the ports are recognized better and thus if first "detected" the joystick in the wrong port causes not working then.

• Like 4

I tried to play M.U.L.E. with 2 human players against two computer players on a 65XE but did not get the second joystick to work. With the Multijoy version it's pretty obvious that it won't work without a Multijoy attached, but the version I downloaded from Atarimania behaved the same.

Is there a known "good" version that is patched to run on XL/XEs but does not require a Multijoy?

Thanks!

Just get a Multijoy!

• Like 1