IGNORED

Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition

Igor

1 hour ago, enthusi said:

We started a fast paced Action Puzzler as I like to call it :)

We lack time but try to make up for it with optimism and as usual enthusiasm  ?

If this is Assembloids, I want to resign from the contest, be included in the jury and vote for you :D

• Haha 1

? Huge 2x Update! ?

We now have 10 teams registered In the “Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition” ????‍?

We’ve doubled the prize pool and extended final submission dates too!

unnamed.thumb.jpg.9987a7e6a778eca801c0502fac3bfcaa.jpg

Boom! ?
  • Like 1

Ouch! This requires me to re-think our strategy completely. I was hoping to get the release out on the 11th of August. Get feedback from the competition by September. Fix whatever needs to be fixed and release the game on cart by end of September.

With these changes I will not get the feedback/fixes before PRGE and eJagfest.

Karri - the ROMs will be published on the 1st of September and I'll set up a thread/club for feedback. I think you will have enough time for PRGE this way. Brian also suggested that winners are announced at PRGE, which I think is a great idea.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:52 AM, necrocia said:
? Huge 2x Update! ?

We now have 10 teams registered In the “Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition” ????‍?

We’ve doubled the prize pool and extended final submission dates too!

Boom! ?

Wow. What an awesome news ! I was away for 2 days, just got back, and while driving, spent thinking how to butcher the game to fit it into the deadline. No need for that now :)

What ? 10 teams ? This is incredible, considering how small the Lynx movement is !

This is, indeed, a pretty serious competition now :)

On 7/17/2019 at 5:18 PM, necrocia said:

Karri - the ROMs will be published on the 1st of September and I'll set up a thread/club for feedback. I think you will have enough time for PRGE this way. Brian also suggested that winners are announced at PRGE, which I think is a great idea.

Yes, please ! I adore the PRGE idea! Absolutely Brilliant !!!

On 7/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, bhall408 said:

I also would like to invite any contest participants to demo at our booth at PRGE. (Also goes for any Lynx home brewers generally). If interested, PM me.

You got a booth there ? Can you PM me the name under which you registered there so I can find you there ?

16 hours ago, karri said:

Now you guys got me interested to go to PRGE myself. Carl might also be there. Hmm. I just booked my flights. Cya there.

Last week I got my confirmation from the PRGE that I got a booth there too (though I was late in ordering, so it's not in Main Hall), so I guess we shall all see each other. Looking forward to it :)

Look me up under "Jaguar VladR", once there. I believe they should announce booth numbers few weeks prior to the show. While I'll be primarily showcasing my Jaguar work, I suppose I could use the opportunity and demo the Lynx stuff too. It's all retro anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhall408 said:

One thing I can say is that using a private group here on AtariAge is a cool way to do it.

I may want to try that for my own project!

Yes, Clubs are a great tool to use if you want to discuss development of a project (or projects) privately with a small number of people.  In the past people have used the PM system to do this, but clubs are much better since you can setup separate "forums" (each allowing multiple threads), and use the calendar, gallery and blog modules as well.  And soon the "Downloads" module, which I'm working on adding to the site.  This will allow you to keep files organized nicely, and it even supports versioning of files with change lists.

..Al

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Albert said:

Yes, Clubs are a great tool to use if you want to discuss development of a project (or projects) privately with a small number of people.  In the past people have used the PM system to do this, but clubs are much better since you can setup separate "forums" (each allowing multiple threads), and use the calendar, gallery and blog modules as well.  And soon the "Downloads" module, which I'm working on adding to the site.  This will allow you to keep files organized nicely, and it even supports versioning of files with change lists.

..Al

Can the forums each have different members?

Or are members on a per-club basis?

As a company, would be nice to have one club, but then projects/products on a forum basis, but each would need distinct member lists.

5 minutes ago, bhall408 said:

Can the forums each have different members?

Or are members on a per-club basis?

As a company, would be nice to have one club, but then projects/products on a forum basis, but each would need distinct member lists.

Members can see anything in the club, there are no additional permissions to manage once someone is a member of a club.  You would want to create a private club (or clubs) for development projects if you want them to control who can see them.

..Al

PromoPoster.thumb.jpg.808fac7e474ca9eecd20837c512f6d85.jpg

Hello everyone! The registrations are now closed and we have a total of eleven teams in the running now!

This is a great turn out for the Atari Lynx! There's just over a month left to get all of your entries finalised and submitted.

Good luck!

P.S. I will be reaching out regarding demo details for PRGE (on behalf of Brian).

• Like 4

On 7/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, Albert said:

Members can see anything in the club, there are no additional permissions to manage once someone is a member of a club.  You would want to create a private club (or clubs) for development projects if you want them to control who can see them.

..Al

I found where you create a club (under apps)...

Is it OK/posisble to change the name of a club at some point after the club has been created?

ie, may want to start with a project code name and then switch to the public name later on.