IGNORED

Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition

Igor

On 9/13/2019 at 1:16 AM, MichelS said:

@karri I'd like to get one set of stickers as well.

I do not own a Pi or a pihat by now, but who knows...

Michael

If you want to put your name on the order list let me know, I'll start building them again soon.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:04 AM, agradeneu said:

All the "games" by Digital Thunder, with no infos whatsoever. The very definition of vapourware. Edit: Confirmed vapourware ;-)

I've decided to do some more digging and updated these games with information I found. I also decided to clearly mark "In Development" and "Not Released" games. Also these types of games will not be selectable in the game ratings/vote system.

• Thanks 1

As time flies I decided to print these out in a local shop. The latest cart shell has a fairly deep cut for the label and I was happy with the look and feel.

These are not pre-cut but I added some guides to make it easier to use scissors.

So I decided to print out 21 sheets in total as there is no price benefit in printing more (21-100 has the same price).

Labels1.thumb.png.de757ca1d2bd764a616fffd5504855af.png

Labels2.thumb.png.c89c4b7a85342972fc14630138cc2229.png

The total price was 2*€3.90 + 21 * (€2.20 + €1.20) + envelopes and postage. So you may try to figure out the cost per set.

Four sets are mine for PRGE/eJagfest. KevinMos, TrekMD, Igor, Fadest, Nop90, thefred, TLL, MichelS.

So 12 sets are spoken for.

The large sheet is 15cm x 20cm
The smaller sheet is 15cm x 10cm

I may cut the large one in half and send them in a slightly larger than 15cm x 10cm envelope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

so it's like 4 euro + postage fees ? I'll take one :)

Yep. The envelope is likely to be 0.5 euro. I hope the weight is less than 20g. In that case the postage is €1.60. If not then we may end up with €2.60. But I will tell the exact sum tomorrow when I get the labels.

57 minutes ago, karri said:

Sure. The sheets will be delayed. @KevinMos3 was not satisfied with the looks and he will re-do some of them. @Igor thanks for reminding me. I will send them asap.

I'm happy to wait for everything to be sent all at once, no point spending extra on postage multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the sheets from the printer.

If you want your sheets at eJagfest or PRGE drop me a note.

The ones I found out to be interested were:

Igor
Turbo Laser Lynx
LordKraken
MichelS
thefred
Nop90
Fadest
TrekMD pick up at PRGE
bhall408 pick up at PRGE
Carl pick up at PRGE
KevinMOS3 pick up at PRGE
White Lynx stand (carts)
White Lynx stand (props)
mark/space stand (carts)
mark/space stand (props)

Pick up = 4€
Mailed = 7€

IMG_20191007_164943.thumb.jpg.117fe95457e89173becd53444f482bcb.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fadest said:

Unless you come to the french RGC, or I go to the eJagfest, it will be by mail.

I just need to decide how much PCB I will add to the order. Do you have some stock for them ?

More PCB's in stock than Ynxa + On Duty will sell in 10 years. That is why they are cheap :) 

But PCB's want to travel surrounded with bubbles while labels want to travel flat. So I don't see much point in combining these.

10 hours ago, karri said:

More PCB's in stock than Ynxa + On Duty will sell in 10 years. That is why they are cheap :)

If word got out about how awesome these games are, your boards should run out in 10 days.  ;-)

Seriously... every Lynx owner should have these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

If word got out about how awesome these games are, your boards should run out in 10 days.  ;-)

Seriously... every Lynx owner should have these.

Thanks! Creating new levels for On Duty has been fun. Yesterday I had an interesting talk in the evening with my playability consultant on the end boss mechanics. Without revealing too much here is a small teaser (these levels are not in the competition image. They are being written now. And on the plane to Portland):

28290996_Screenshotfrom2019-10-0806-30-47.png.fcc5083e3eb1199d838e497ec8363ca1.png

The good/bad thing is that the game will soon be ready. I am running out of flash memory 471775 bytes used of the available 524288 bytes on the chip. When I am out of space the game is ready :) 

I've been working on the new version of the Lynx cart and I've spotted an issue with use of the library code in other programs.

The IODIR register isn't initialised correctly for use by default by CC65 so you must initialise AUDIN to input before use, but weirdly it's still working on the original cart without this call.

The cart and Lynx are driving the same line, which could potentially damage either the cart or Lynx -- although there is a resistor inline, so any damage is unlikely. But equally importantly, no games using the Lynx lib without calling the initialisation call will work with the new cartridge.

If anyone using the Lynx library could please update to the following code --

https://github.com/RetroHQ/LynxGDLib

And make sure you call the LynxGD_Init() function as the first call in your program.

Functions for the new Lynx GameDrive (as its now known!) will be added to this code repository I develop them.

Edited by SainT

16 hours ago, karri said:

I just realized that the labels go nicely with a pcb to the same box. So a combination 10 PCB's + labels is €40 + €4. As I don't have to pay for postage of the labels separately.

Are you going to be putting the labels in your store? I want to order more carts with them. I have some more shells coming from Igor.