IGNORED

Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Programming Competition

Igor

On 11/18/2019 at 6:56 AM, karri said:

Our Post is on a long strike. They increased the wages for the bosses and cut the wages a lot for the workers. For some reason postal workers did not like the idea. It looks like there will be no Christmas cards this year.

The postal workers got a new deal. So things are back to normal again.

No problem. I try to go by the post office and ship another set.

I really don't know when I shipped stuff that is not in my shop inventory. Ecwid makes tracking stuff much easier.

So if any of you still wait for something that I already have posted but it did not show up PM me.

36 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

Wait a little more, if it isn't here for the new year I'll buy another one. I don't want you lose money. After all the shipping wasn't insured.

Lol. I rather pay €1.50 for the stamp and €4 for the labels. Just a recommended letter adds around €10 to the price. An insured letter? I don't even want to know how much that would cost.

Besides I have no memory of what I posted around the PRGE week-end. It was a lot. Besides, if you receive the labels twice you can always burn an extra set of "30 year competition" carts. I am sure you find someone who wants a set ;) 

I did get rid of my demo sets at eJagfest as I did not feel a need to keep them after PRGE and eJagfest.

My next project SillySis would really LOVE a decent piano, bass and flute instrument for Handy Music.

Any ideas? The best stuff so far is:

; A ragtime piano sound with thumb pins pushed on every hammer
; I loved the sound at high school but my music teacher did not agree

TinttiPiano
        waveform $2080 $C0F3
        volume 24 4
        tuning 24.0
        {
                rest 1
                volume 29 0
                rest 2
                frequency 0
                volume 30 -1
                rest 30
                volume 0 0
                end
        }

; A picked bass sound that sounds too fluetly
; Perhaps needs a distorted waveform instead of $9
PluckBass
        waveform $9
        volume 20 2
        tuning 15.0
        {
                rest 3
                volume 20 0
                rest 3
                volume 20 -2
                rest 10
                volume 0 0
                end
        }

; A slow flute sound with decay
Flute
        waveform $7
        volume 90 -2
        tuning 4.0
        {
                rest 3
                volume 80 0
                rest 20
                loop -1
                        rest 1
                endloop
                noteoff
                frequency 0
                volume 80 -2
                rest 36
                end
        }

7 hours ago, karri said:

"Gone postal" does not make sense in Finnish. Or Swedish afaik.

It was coined in the USA due to a series of workplace violence instances by US Postal Service workers in the '80s and '90s.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_postal_killings

Up until the Internet took hold the USPS was generally a desired, well paying, low-skill lifetime career.  I think that made the news even more shocking.

Idiom:

go postal
Slang To become extremely angry or deranged, especially in an outburst of violence.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Going+Postal

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

It was coined in the USA due to a series of workplace violence instances by US Postal Service workers in the '89s and '90s.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_postal_killings

Up until the Internet took hold the USPS was generally a desired, well paying, low-skill lifetime career.  I think that made the news even more shocking.

Idiom:

go postal
Slang To become extremely angry or deranged, especially in an outburst of violence.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Going+Postal

Wow! I had no idea.

Fortunately our postal workers carry mail - not guns. The protests were also peaceful strikes. As far as I know there has been no intended violence. Unfortunately lots of people had to take the car to work as the buses were on solidary strike for one day as well. Due to icy roads we had 50 car accidents in 6 hours when people not used to drive in winter tried their luck. So perhaps the postal strike caused lots of damage after all.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:06 PM, LordKraken said:

Analyzing this photo with the magnifier...Are you physically releasing 3 games?? And even 2 new ones!?!? wow great job man!

Only A Bug's Lynx as new release. Other games on sale were both Yastuna

Did someone noticed the small book on the bottom right ?

This is a manual of all games from the competition, based on AtariGamer promotional post and description on website. I have 11 of them, 1 is for me, 1 is for Igor, 1 already reserved by LordKraken. So other coders, if you want one, please send me your postal adress and I will send it to you.

An example of Find a way to my heart pages :

IMG_0278.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 8:05 PM, karri said:

You mean Zemblasoft? I am all ears.

I guess it was guys from the Z-team (troudki and ???).

They wanted to see and test the game. They were pleased to see their old title screen alive reworked by marss on a new game. They played the first level and fould it fun. They took some pictures and we spoke a bit about the fact their initial game did not pass the cut for the editor.

9 hours ago, Fadest said:

Only A Bug's Lynx as new release. Other games on sale were both Yastuna

Did someone noticed the small book on the bottom right ?

This is a manual of all games from the competition, based on AtariGamer promotional post and description on website. I have 11 of them, 1 is for me, 1 is for Igor, 1 already reserved by LordKraken. So other coders, if you want one, please send me your postal adress and I will send it to you.

An example of Find a way to my heart pages :

IMG_0278.jpg

Thanks! So sweet! Making "Find a way to my heart" was actually more fun than banging on On Duty. It just looks so plain due to low number of colours and absolutely no animation.

One booklet for me please. I would love to show it to my kids. They helped a lot with this title.

8 hours ago, Fadest said:

I guess it was guys from the Z-team (troudki and ???).

They wanted to see and test the game. They were pleased to see their old title screen alive reworked by marss on a new game. They played the first level and fould it fun. They took some pictures and we spoke a bit about the fact their initial game did not pass the cut for the editor.

Wow. Whenever I get On Duty going again I would like to send them a complimentary copy.

The postal stike was called off some time ago. The parliment minister in charge of postal services resigned. The prime minister may get to be kicked out as well as he does not have the integrity to resign.

So it is back to the old mantra:

Customer: you messed up
Customer service: yeah, the guilty people has been sacked

Customer: you messed up again

Customer service: yeah, the manager that hired the bad guys has been sacked as well

... and so on...

My guess is that the guy responsible of telling Australian Post that the block should be lifted was also sacked before he had time to lift the block.