Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 15 - Destructor

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Round 15 Season 12

978.png56.jpg248.jpg704.png

140.png

Game Information

Game Name: Destructor

Released by: CBS/Coleco 1984. Standard Contorller Edition (SCE) Team Pixelboy 2010.

Settings: Skill 2

CV HSC High Score: First time playing Destructor in the CV HSC.

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/destructor%20manual.pdf

Destructor Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3

Score 5,000= +2, Score 10,000= +3, Score 25,000= +4, Score 50,000= +5, Score 100,000= +7, Score 200,000= +10, Score 300,000 & up= +12

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

Everyone who Rolls the score receives 100 points for the round. The player with the highest score after rollage at rounds end, will be awarded another 10 points.

Round Ends: Tuesday May 7th at Noon (PST) 3pm (EST)

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well. Season 12 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Final Destructor Scores

1)3,072,300 Ikrananka +3 +12 +10 +10 Rollage & Record Setter! :-o :-o :-o :-o

2)1.061,500 Bmack36 +3 +12 Rollage :-o :-o

3)1,000,000 DuggerVideoGames +3 +12 Rollage :-o :-o

4)   642,180 jblenkle +3 +12 :-o

5)   216,700 S.BAZ +3 +10

6)   175,300 digress +3 +7

7)     73,560 Downland1983 +3 +5

8)      14,340 roadrunner +3 +3

9)     13,360 ed1475 +3 +3

Round 15 Totals - Including Bonus Points

1){135} Ikrananka

2){115} Bmack36

3){115} DuggerVideoGames

4) {79}  jblenkle

5) {35}  S.BAZ

6) {28}  digress

7) {15}  Downland1983

8)   {9}   roadrunner

9)  {9}   ed1475

Season Standings - Up to the end of Round 14

1)1436 Bmack36

2)  979 Ikrananka

3)  944 DuggerVideoGames

4)  742 Downland1983

5)  687 jblenkle

6)  519 ed1475

7)  467 darthkur

8)   451 S.BAZ

9)  446 Northcoastgamer

10)  404 digress

11)  245 sega_SHARK

12)  189 roadrunner

13)    55 bowlstir

14)    47 lawdawg710

15)    45 SpiceWare

16)      6 JEFF31

destructor-1984.rom

destructor-sce-standard-controller-edition-2010.rom

Destructor [skill 2]: 999,760 pts. You can really rack up a lot of points on round 12. On round 12, the final 4 or 5 diamonds were worth about 20k apiece, and you get a 20k bonus for completing the round! I quickly took this screenshot before venturing any further because I wasn't sure if the score would roll over at a million; sure enough, the score rolled over at a million and I made sure not to press the printscreen key again.

For a dark level, round 9 was surprisingly easy; you don't have to go very far on that round to find the teleport pad.

post-45996-0-06574400-1556869025_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Destructor [skill 2]: 999,760 pts. You can really rack up a lot of points on round 12. On round 12, the final 4 or 5 diamonds were worth about 20k apiece, and you get a 20k bonus for completing the round! I quickly took this screenshot before venturing any further because I wasn't sure if the score would roll over at a million; sure enough, the score rolled over at a million and I made sure not to press the printscreen key again.

For a dark level, round 9 was surprisingly easy; you don't have to go very far on that round to find the teleport pad.

attachicon.gifDestructor skill 2 999,760 pts.jpg

Wow - nice score - well done!!!

Are the mazes the same every time or are they random. I'm certainly seeing some repetition but didn't take too much notice if they are the same every game.

Wow - nice score - well done!!!

Are the mazes the same every time or are they random. I'm certainly seeing some repetition but didn't take too much notice if they are the same every game.

Thank you. I haven't noticed with any certainty if they're the same or not; like you, I have noticed some repetition. There are several levels where the teleport pad isn't very far from the start (down and to the left). Also, after getting a 20k bonus for completing round 12, I only got a 6k bonus for completing round 13. I'm thinking the levels loop, but haven't noticed with absolute certainty.

Edit: If you're asking me if round 1 always looks the same and round 2 always looks the same and so on and so forth: I think yes. The score I posted late last night was only my 2nd session of playing that game in this round; however, I think round 1 is always the same and round 2 is always the same (and so on and so forth).

Edited by DuggerVideoGames

Wow! Impressive score. Since I put up my 446,440 I haven't been able to get over 300,000 again. I get sloppy and careless and take too many chances. Now I have motivation to get after it again!!!

Just remember that the score rolls over at a million; I made sure to take my picture before it rolled over.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to live with my existing score...five plays so far today and I can't even get over 100,000. I think those bugs are getting sneakier...

Just remember that the score rolls over at a million; I made sure to take my picture before it rolled over.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to live with my existing score...five plays so far today and I can't even get over 100,000. I think those bugs are getting sneakier...

That's funny, I experienced a similar thing when I was playing yesterday. I swore then that the earlier levels were in fact harder than some of the later ones. I had one early level where the Destructor just wouldn't leave me alone and I lost life after life.

Edited by Ikrananka

That's funny, I experienced a similar thing when I was playing yesterday. I swore then that the earlier levels were in fact harder than some of the later ones. I had one early level where the Destructor just wouldn't leave me alone and I lost life after life.

I had more trouble with levels 4 and 5 than I did with the other levels. It's usually smooth sailing if you find the teleport pad, though.

Yeah, exactly....I lose patience waiting on the ramp of the ship hoping he'll go away and when he doesn't, I try to make a run for it and he usually catches me.