IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 15 - Destructor

Hey, aren't you supposed to be safe sitting on a teleport pad? Several times tonight I've been sitting dead center on the pad and all of a sudden one of the bugs comes and starts chomping away on me.

I haven't experienced this as I always move off a teleport pad as soon as possible so that it's activated and ready to teleport me back if I need it quickly.

I have experienced a few bugs in the game though:

• On one occasion, I accidentally swung a crystal I was carrying into an acid river and instead of it being destroyed it stayed on top of the acid river and so I had to abandon it there.
  • On one teleport pad I had major problems returning to my starcruiser. Each time I activated the teleport, the teleport screen animation would happen, but it would return me back to the teleport I was trying to leave. Only after about 3 to 4 attempts would it actually return me to my starcruiser. This only occurred on one level and with one particular teleport. But every time I went back to that teleport and would try to return it would do it again and again.
  • Also occasionally, when turning my ram-car with a crystal attached to the front, the crystal will not move and becomes attached to the side of the ram-car. Turn again and the crystal jumps back to the front.
Edited by Ikrananka

Destructor [skill 2]: 999,760 pts. You can really rack up a lot of points on round 12. On round 12, the final 4 or 5 diamonds were worth about 20k apiece, and you get a 20k bonus for completing the round! I quickly took this screenshot before venturing any further because I wasn't sure if the score would roll over at a million; sure enough, the score rolled over at a million and I made sure not to press the printscreen key again.

For a dark level, round 9 was surprisingly easy; you don't have to go very far on that round to find the teleport pad.

That's good stuff. Very impressive! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think there are lots of bugs in this game, but it's still fun.

* I've carried crystals on to the teleport pad a few times and when I teleport back to the ship they are suddenly gone.

* I saw a crystal in the acid river, although I didn't put it there. It was just sitting there.

* I also saw Destructor "swimming" in the river one time toward the edge of the screen.

* There are often Insektoids or Krystaloids near the edge of the screen that suddenly disappear if you head toward them.

* One time I teleported, but I have no idea to where. I wasn't at the ship and I wasn't on a pad...or anywhere else on the screen for that matter. I suddenly heard crunching noises and apparently died.

I haven't experienced this as I always move off a teleport pad as soon as possible so that it's activated and ready to teleport me back if I need it quickly.

I have experienced a few bugs in the game though:

• On one occasion, I accidentally swung a crystal I was carrying into an acid river and instead of it being destroyed it stayed on top of the acid river and so I had to abandon it there.
  • On one teleport pad I had major problems returning to my starcruiser. Each time I activated the teleport, the teleport screen animation would happen, but it would return me back to the teleport I was trying to leave. Only after about 3 to 4 attempts would it actually return me to my starcruiser. This only occurred on one level and with one particular teleport. But every time I went back to that teleport and would try to return it would do it again and again.
  • Also occasionally, when turning my ram-car with a crystal attached to the front, the crystal will not move and becomes attached to the side of the ram-car. Turn again and the crystal jumps back to the front.

• Like 2

Somehow I really found my mojo and totally surprised myself ............. 3,072,300 (Skill 2)

The absolute maximum number of lives you can have is 8. The game's fairly generous early on giving you extra lives but then later on it just stops.

1st Rollover (Before & After)

post-5757-0-22913700-1557236020_thumb.jpg post-5757-0-28154200-1557236045_thumb.jpg

2nd Rollover (Before & After)

post-5757-0-83397600-1557236150_thumb.jpg post-5757-0-97615300-1557236184_thumb.jpg

3rd Rollover (Before & After)

post-5757-0-46687200-1557236299_thumb.jpg post-5757-0-78547000-1557236322_thumb.jpg
Game Over
post-5757-0-73998000-1557236399_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

Somehow I really found my mojo and totally surprised myself ............. 3,072,300 (Skill 2)

The absolute maximum number of lives you can have is 8. The game's fairly generous early on giving you extra lives but then later on it just stops.

Your post is almost as big as your score. ;-)

CX-Te3uWkAEgOOc.jpg

Edited by Northcoastgamer
  • Like 1