IGNORED

speaking of the UltraSaint...

anybody know please why my UltraSatan, erm, (cough!) UltraSaint

does not see or accept any SD cards when inserted?

it is annoying.

this is the second one i had that fails to work this way!

thankfully though the SD card that it came with does work! the one on the left hand side.

about this...

I formatted my 2GB SD card with ICDfmt utility

and it needlessly scanned for bad sectors for over two hours!

then

i partitioned

and brought the card to my PC with card reader

and the durn PC still couldn't read the card!

i think i forgot to install the autoboot thingy or whatever...

such is life

:P

oh yeah

when rebooting the ICD Jookie side did indeed acknowledge

new hard disks L: M: N: and O:

but for some reason I could not get them to be seen on the desktop.(!)

one last thing

if i 'hot swap' my original SD card that came with the UltraSaint

then it loses its charge and gets corrupt so

I dont wanna mess around with it too much.

the new SD card on the right hand side that I formatted today

did indeed survive one such hot swap ejection and re-insertion

grateful to say however.

ahhhh

who needs the heartache!

:woozy:

Edited by Wally1

not to beat a dead horse... ... ...

but ah

my only saving grace in this whole matter is

that I have this really great USB 3.5 inch drive

that does not even need a driver to work

with a PC!!!

so I've been using floppies when I need

to share files from ST to PC...

works for me

(anybody remember that show 'Hunter' from the 80's?)

hahaha

oh yeah

when rebooting the ICD Jookie side did indeed acknowledge

new hard disks L: M: N: and O:

but for some reason I could not get them to be seen on the desktop.(!)

one last thing

if i 'hot swap' my original SD card that came with the UltraSaint

then it loses its charge and gets corrupt so

I dont wanna mess around with it too much.

the new SD card on the right hand side that I formatted today

did indeed survive one such hot swap ejection and re-insertion

grateful to say however.

ahhhh

who needs the heartache!

:woozy:

I saw in last 12 months min 30 times in forums and e-mails for me "but for some reason I could not get them to be seen on the desktop.(!)" .

First to say: we really need some FAQ with basic knowledge about using Atari ST . I don't think that this forum will help in that - if I'm wrong I can put together something. Actually, I will make page for my site.

I will say it, but really last time in some forum (you know, time is money) : select floppy icon A: or B: . Then Options, Install Disk Drive. Type in letter and Install. Must repeat for all logical drives you want to put on Desktop. And of course, there is Save Desktop option what not only saves it, but your time, so will not need to repeat whole thing again next time :)

This was for TOS 1.xx . In 2.06 there is special option for installing all it with one click.

Little history, when talking about retro machine: Atari and DR had problems to squeeze TOS, GEM, Desktop in limited ROM space of 192 KB, and that's reason that some things are harder for users. 2.06 is in 256 KB space.

All Hail UltraSaint UltraStan UltraSatin UltraSatan !

I got mine, 2nd hand, no sd card or software. Now I have to solve the Display problem.

Probably I'll start with a monochrome VGA cable and then try to deal with the rest in the 1040ST.

Add missing circuit for composite + ST to RGB cable + Upscaler + test on my tv.

I'm suprised there are no mods for Video such as Sofia for 8-bit. you can add a VGA port with a PCB.

Hello Anzak.

As the 1040ST does not have a modulator. AFAIK I have to add this circuit in order to get the proper sync signal:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/289781-found-a-working-scart-hdmi-adapter-on-amazon/?p=4250568

I'm not that lucky, none of my 3 monitors + tv seem to support 15khz. I'll keep an eye on ebay for one.

Just out of curiosity, I got a 13-pin cable with 2 rca connectors as "monitor cable". I suppose that's only for Atari/Commodore inputs. (tried to use it as composite video, but as expected, no signal)

Edited by Mariano DM

Hello Anzak.

As the 1040ST does not have a modulator. AFAIK I have to add this circuit in order to get the proper sync signal:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/289781-found-a-working-scart-hdmi-adapter-on-amazon/?p=4250568

I'm not that lucky, none of my 3 monitors + tv seem to support 15khz. I'll keep an eye on ebay for one.

Just out of curiosity, I got a 13-pin cable with 2 rca connectors as "monitor cable". I suppose that's only for Atari/Commodore inputs. (tried to use it as composite video, but as expected, no signal)

The vga adapters dont use the modulator, but the 13 pin DIN monitor out

• Like 1

I saw in last 12 months min 30 times in forums and e-mails for me "but for some reason I could not get them to be seen on the desktop.(!)" .

First to say: we really need some FAQ with basic knowledge about using Atari ST . I don't think that this forum will help in that - if I'm wrong I can put together something. Actually, I will make page for my site.

I will say it, but really last time in some forum (you know, time is money) : select floppy icon A: or B: . Then Options, Install Disk Drive. Type in letter and Install. Must repeat for all logical drives you want to put on Desktop. And of course, there is Save Desktop option what not only saves it, but your time, so will not need to repeat whole thing again next time :)

This was for TOS 1.xx . In 2.06 there is special option for installing all it with one click.

Little history, when talking about retro machine: Atari and DR had problems to squeeze TOS, GEM, Desktop in limited ROM space of 192 KB, and that's reason that some things are harder for users. 2.06 is in 256 KB space.

I'm sure you know this, but for others, in 2.06+, it's Options -> Install Devices. Actually I think even 2.05 had that as well, could be wrong, but I think the biggest difference between .05 and .06 is the Atari Logo on boot up along with the memory test.

And as Wally1 said, ppdriver is worth it. Had to use it a few days ago to format an SD card, though thinking back on it, I may have wiped out some data, oops!